Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Accordimg to talking heads and ecperts on newsnight and thr guardian feed, if mitch McConnell, republican senate leader, votes to impeach, than it could see enought other republicans follow suit. And he has let it be known he is leaning that way.
Thinh is trump is now becoming a pariah and the dissaray of all but the most whack job of his supporters makes it easier for the gop to chuck him under the bud.
He and the extremists he courted are now on the shit list of corporate america, the political establishment and the national security apparatus.
I think many in the gop may well see this as a golden opportunity to rid themselves of the rabid right and condem them to the fringes.
And the likes of Ted "The Beard" Cruz find themselves in a very difficult spot. ;)

McConnell is the ultimate political operator, isn't he. May have timed his anti-Trump conversion just right.

By the by, the House has just voted 221-205 on a procedural thing. It's not the substantive impeachment vote, but looks like there's still a significant Dem v GOP split there.

By the by, the House has just voted 221-205 on a procedural thing. It's not the substantive impeachment vote, but looks like there's still a significant Dem v GOP split there.
.. and Lindsey Graham still opposing impeachment
Trump impeachment: House debates charge of 'incitement of insurrection' – live | US news | The Guardian

Edit: so I'm guessing the GOP is largely at the 'I just fucking hope this goes away' stage, rather and the 'quick, catch that bandwagon before it's too late' stage. It's that fine line between looking like a cunt or a cunt.

Last edited:
Lindsey Graham’s tweet just now was basically if you impeach him then his people will be cross and there might be more violence you don’t want more violence do you.

Lindsey Graham’s tweet just now was basically if you impeach him then his people will be cross and there might be more violence you don’t want more violence do you.
Intimidation and bullying. All they can spout like the losers and outright liars they are.

I wanted to see which bits specifically of Trump's speech are seen as inciting violence. Thought I'd read a transcript. Found one -

And then saw how long it is. I've kind of skim-read it. I don't see bits where he is clearly inciting violence. Which bits are they?
Filled under the bin Laden couldn't fly an airliner category.

This is a thread that spells out what happened when, that day. Before trump had finished speaking a big lot of his crowd had already marched to the capitol and clashes with police were ongoing, but they didn’t actually get into the building until later.

this is what ive been wondering about - how close did the crowd get to the lawmakers - from that it seems very very close! Though the NYT time line stops just at the crucial moment of when was the chamber cleared

Key defence against the accusation of inciting insurrection is that he has just 7 days left in office. :D

Its absurd when they say it, but I think there is a lot of sense in not rushing this through now. Get Biden in the White House, find out what he's done, compel all the witnesses to attend this time and nail him properly.

I thought it may be better to leave Trump to the Judiciary rather than the Legislature.
More chance of negating Trump with his base than what will appear to half of those who voted as purely political vengeance. But seven days is plenty of time to for Trump cause mischief at home and overseas.
The two sides are too far apart to attempt compromise and consensus, too much resentful baggage.

Last edited:
Some more photos of the apparently absolute shit-ton of National Guard in the Capitol right now (in thread form).

This one (from Brendan Smialowski) is also ‘impressive’

4500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom