Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Remember when LP used a guardian column to declare that this creep is a hero actually and her mate did his portrait? Good times.

View attachment 81602

145767.jpg

'Great days, they were. Great days...'

been seriously annoyed by some of the coverage of the bundy ranch by the commentariat left on various sites in the last few days. mocking them because they're on welfare, really? and practically screaming at the cops to go in all guns blazing. ffs, a massive coup handed to the far right.

been seriously annoyed by some of the coverage of the bundy ranch by the commentariat left on various sites in the last few days. mocking them because they're on welfare, really? and practically screaming at the cops to go in all guns blazing. ffs, a massive coup handed to the far right.

Because going in guns blazing worked superbly at Waco, as I recall. That and if it was a bunch of lefties they approve of doing this then they'd probably be shouting for the evil empire to leave them alone and, if there was another Waco, be creaming their jeans over all the bylines and appearance fees for spouting off about how terrible it was.

Because going in guns blazing worked superbly at Waco, as I recall. That and if it was a bunch of lefties they approve of doing this then they'd probably be shouting for the evil empire to leave them alone and, if there was another Waco, be creaming their jeans over all the bylines and appearance fees for spouting off about how terrible it was.
if there is another waco i suspect a lot of these will go very quiet.

That ties in with what I've seen of US liberals rubbing their hands with unseemly glee at the prospect of militant right-wing gun nuts being completely blown away by the US armed forces' tanks, drones and artillery. Quite apart from betraying an ignorance of how insurgencies actually operate, there's something I find personally repulsive about it even though I have no love for the militias.

If such a naked lust for the mortal exercise of state power against fellow citizens is so easily engendered, I have to wonder how far away from another civil war the US is.

That ties in with what I've seen of US liberals rubbing their hands with unseemly glee at the prospect of militant right-wing gun nuts being completely blown away by the US armed forces' tanks, drones and artillery. Quite apart from betraying an ignorance of how insurgencies actually operate, there's something I find personally repulsive about it even though I have no love for the militias.

If such a naked lust for the mortal exercise of state power against fellow citizens is so easily engendered, I have to wonder how far away from another civil war the US is.

Easy to wish death and violence from the safety and comfort of your home somewhere on the east coast (or thousands of miles away in the UK) tbh

It's the whole 'they're committing treason / terrorism by occupy a building, take them out'. What would be achieved by packing Bundy and his bunch of southern good old boys to guantanamo? It's almost like they think state violence is OK as long as it's applied equally. Occupying a building isn't treason ffs, what about all the graduates of millbank a couple years ago? Most of them where white and a lot were a lot more privileged than some farmers up in some backwoods.

:confused:are @MsJackMonroe and @MxJackMonroe the same person?

Hopkins certainly lacks the intellect to distinguish one member of the commentariat from another. Interesting to see media types feuding among themselves when they're often so quick to circle the wagons against criticism of the journalistic 'profession.'

Hopkins certainly lacks the intellect to distinguish one member of the commentariat from another. Interesting to see media types feuding among themselves when they're often so quick to circle the wagons against criticism of the journalistic 'profession.'

But handy in this comes to court. All her tweets are directed at MsJackMonroe, an acount with an avatar of an egg that has tweeted once, all the cease and apologise ones back at her are from MxJackMonroe complete with a photo avatar of Jack Monroe. "Your honour, there has clearly been some sort of mix up, I wasn't defaming her, I was defaming the other one...."

Back
Top Bottom