Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unbelievable BBC interview with man pulled from wheelchair by cops.

Didn't see any earpiece, but I think Brown's reporting of last Thursday's demo made it quite clear at the time that he's entirely onside and no prompting was needed.

Angling for Andy Coulson's (hopefully soon to be vacated) position, do you reckon? :)

you're an unpleasant little man

get to the front of a demo and its got physical people are not going to pleasant fact of life.
But if somebodys in a wheelchair they can be dealt with without the need for physical force.
manhandling somebody in a wheelchair makes you look like a prick and is utter unneccessary just wheel him out the way.
You can't really expect riot police to be pleasant to you if its kicked off place yourself in the front rank and you could get a smack but there's a diffrence between resonable force and getting a kicking.

That wasn't it, either, they even did a cartoon to go with it...
mail_mcintyre_wheelchair_cartoon.jpg

That is fucked. Well out of order.

You can make a complaint to the Press Complaints Commission here.

get to the front of a demo and its got physical people are not going to pleasant fact of life.
But if somebodys in a wheelchair they can be dealt with without the need for physical force.
manhandling somebody in a wheelchair makes you look like a prick and is utter unneccessary just wheel him out the way.
You can't really expect riot police to be pleasant to you if its kicked off place yourself in the front rank and you could get a smack but there's a diffrence between resonable force and getting a kicking.
And then if you deal with them without physical force you think they should be infantilised and patronised.

what exactly do you thinks going to happen if its kicked off and the police have drawn the batons their going to respect you:facepalm:
option a a smack with a baton and manhandandling
option b taken the piss out of
personally i'd option B but in some fucked of equal ops way option a we treated him the same as every other rioter.

what exactly do you thinks going to happen if its kicked off and the police have drawn the batons their going to respect you:facepalm:
option a a smack with a baton and manhandandling
option b taken the piss out of
personally i'd option B but in some fucked of equal ops way option a we treated him the same as every other rioter.

Id like to see police treat you in a similar way for not rioting and then see what your line is.

just seen the video:eek:
protestor may or may not needed nicking for his actions earlier no idea
but as not a threat could either have been left for later fit team take his photo well knownb so not going to get away.
Or if there was some pressing reason why he had to be arrested? copper could have just got behind him and wheeled him off at speed.
Thr pc wwas a violent twat and even got told to do one by another copper when a understanable fracs started.
I presumed like littlebrain was he was in the front rank at the time and got dragged out the way I am Sorry and wrong.
The copper was acting like a cunt and made everything worse.

just seen the video:eek:
protestor may or may not needed nicking for his actions earlier no idea
but as not a threat could either have been left for later fit team take his photo well knownb so not going to get away.
Or if there was some pressing reason why he had to be arrested? copper could have just got behind him and wheeled him off at speed.
Thr pc wwas a violent twat and even got told to do one by another copper when a understanable fracs started.
I presumed like littlebrain was he was in the front rank at the time and got dragged out the way I am Sorry and wrong.
The copper was acting like a cunt and made everything worse.

Too late.

BBC News channel editor defends the interview here and asks for comments. No one seems to be agreeing with his position.

BBC News channel editor defends the interview here and asks for comments. No one seems to be agreeing with his position.

Bugger, you need to register to comment. Might just have to use the ol' complaints button instead. Great to see how many people have clocked the BBCs blatent continual trotting out of goverment policy, and nothing else. Britain is more awake than i gave it credit for.

I particularly liked this one :)

My objection is simply illustrated. Were Ben Brown to interview Charles and Camilla about having paint thrown at their car, would he repeatedly ask whether they were asking for it? Would he reference comments that Charles had previously made about other subjects to suggest they justified the attack? Would he ask whether Camilla had thrown anything at the protesters, and then, once she denied it, would he ask again?

The answer is of course no to all of those questions. The same respect should have been shown to Jody. This man did nothing wrong, was the subject of a documented assault by the police, and was treated to a hostile interview as if he were a government minister proposing a controversial new law.

It's not acceptable, it's not responsible and the BBC should sack Ben Brown for it. I'm sure he will find a welcoming home at Sky News, whose viewers are far more used to prejudice and ignorance being rewarded.

BBC Editor's blog. here

« Previous | Main
Interview with Jody McIntyre

Post categories: BBC News channel

Kevin Bakhurst Kevin Bakhurst | 12:47 UK time, Tuesday, 14 December 2010

We have received a considerable number of complaints about an interview Ben Brown did last night on the BBC News Channel with Jody McIntyre. The context of the interview was that Mr McIntyre was on the student demonstrations in London last week and video emerged yesterday of him being pulled out of his wheelchair by police.

I am aware that there is a web campaign encouraging people to complain to the BBC about the interview,

Actually...there's fucking loads of them.

Oh..and as to who made the suggestion that he was rolling towards the police...I'll hazard it's the same ones that said De Menez (sp) was running with wires hanging out of his jacket and that Tomilinson was hit by protestors throwing bottles.

Hmm, I've had an Interweb connection for about 15 years (not a long time in geekland, I know) but searching through my file of passwords for forums, etc. it seems I have never felt bothered enough to comment on the BBC website previously until today, so the little dig about the "Internet Campaign" by the news editor just seems to be digging an even bigger hole.

If the BBC news editor cannot understand why footage of a man in a wheelchair being manhandled by police and then quizzed by a newsreader in a "you were were asking for it" vein over and over is quite unpopular, then I think that he is, erm, a bit out of touch.

Back
Top Bottom