Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unbelievable BBC interview with man pulled from wheelchair by cops.

Well, as nobody seems willing or able to reply I'll do it myself.

The Metropolitan Police.

The Metropolitan Police Directorate of Professional Standards have decided it was entirely professional for officers to tip Jody McIntyre from his wheelchair because they had a "perceived risk" to him if he remained in it. They also "inadvertently" struck him with a baton. In house bullshit that shouldn't even be in the news.

Well, as nobody seems willing or able to reply I'll do it myself.

The Metropolitan Police.

The Metropolitan Police Directorate of Professional Standards have decided it was entirely professional for officers to tip Jody McIntyre from his wheelchair because they had a "perceived risk" to him if he remained in it. They also "inadvertently" struck him with a baton. In house bullshit that shouldn't even be in the news.

If you had the info you should have posted it straight away - not wagged your fingers at others not here for your wagging.

A statement by the IPCC says this is not the end of the matter?

This case was supervised by the IPCC, which means the IPCC Head of Casework monitored its progress and has agreed that the terms of reference set out at the beginning of the investigation have been met. The IPCC does not endorse the findings and conclusions of a supervised investigation, as these will be considered if the complainant exercises his right of appeal.

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2011/0...on-finds-attack-on-jody-mcintyre-justifiable/

Its just the Met issuing a statement isn't it? So not even a start to the matter of the actual complaint. Not that any copper will get into trouble anyway of course.

Eta: ah, so it is investigated first by the police if there's a complaint but that isn't an actual IPCC conclusion and can be taken further. Or something like that.

Wheelchairs pose a threat. Not only here in the UK, but also in Spain, as witnessed today - http://www.flickr.com/photos/acampadabcnfoto/5765018458/in/photostream/

5765018996_d9076d81f3_b.jpg

If you had the info you should have posted it straight away - not wagged your fingers at others not here for your wagging.

I didn't have the info, I was reading the BBC article and wondered who the fuck were "Directorate of Professional Standards at the Metropolitan Police (Met)"

I went and looked it up.

Did the policemans baton go off accidently or something?

the met at their Laughable and despicable finest.

BREAKING NEWS: The IPCC have upheld my appeal against the findings of the Met Police's investigation into my treatment at student protest. The IPCC say the officer certainly has a case to answer, and could've faced criminal prosecution had the police not let time limit run out. They have ordered the police to apologise to me for their actions. Of course, an apology is completely insufficient, and further legal action will follow.

BREAKING NEWS: The IPCC have upheld my appeal against the findings of the Met Police's investigation into my treatment at student protest. The IPCC say the officer certainly has a case to answer, and could've faced criminal prosecution had the police not let time limit run out. They have ordered the police to apologise to me for their actions. Of course, an apology is completely insufficient, and further legal action will follow.
if the police have let time run out then they could still be done for perveting the course of justice by doing so. besides isn't the clock supposed to stop if the subject is then underinvestigation by the IPCC. someone should be hauled over the coals...

Not sure of the 'legal situaton' Im sure Jody will be posting more details later.. one thing about the guy is he wont give up easy....

What the IPCC actually said:
IPCC partially upholds appeal by Jody McIntyre
24 August 2011

The IPCC has partially upheld an appeal from Mr Jody McIntyre in relation to a complaint he made to the Metropolitan Police Service about the treatment that he had received from their officers in Parliament Square during the student protests of 9 December 2010.
The IPCC agreed with the MPS's findings in relation to a number of aspects of Mr McIntyre's complaint. In particular the IPCC agreed that officers' initial actions in removing Mr McIntyre from his wheelchair and away from a dangerous part of the demonstration were appropriate in the circumstances. However, the IPCC has concluded that, when an officer dragged Mr McIntrye along the ground, towards the end of the incident, this did amount to excessive force.
The IPCC believes there was an indication that a criminal offence of common assault may have been committed and the matter should therefore have been referred to the CPS. However, the six month time limit in which such a prosecution could be commenced had already passed by the time this appeal was lodged.
The IPCC has upheld this part of the appeal and believe that that officer's behaviour has fallen below the standards of professional behaviour and should be subject to management action.
The IPCC also found that the MPS were right to conclude that Mr McIntyre was struck by a baton but that it could not find a case to answer against any particular officer for the strike. However, the IPCC considers that Mr McIntyre does have a legitimate grievance in respect of the baton strike and therefore his complaint should have been upheld. We have suggested that an apology would be an appropriate way of dealing with this particular part of the incident.
ends

Issued by Trish Keville, IPCC Press Officer for London and south east on 0207 166 3130.

http://www.ipcc.gov.uk/news/Pages/pr_240811_mcintyreappeal.aspx

Hang on they think it was reasonable to move him away from the area for his own safety. Right assuming that was correct, how the fuck did it make sense to do this by dragging him along the ground instead of wheeling the fucking wheelchair? :facepalm:

Did the policemans baton go off accidently or something?

the met at their Laughable and despicable finest.
they are going to get the Warren commission to investigate, who will propose the magic bat on theory, that policeman lifted his and and the baton flew out of his hand, and hit the wheelchair person accidentally [17 times], as the baton feared the wheelchair was about to harm him

doesn't it also highlight the stupidity of the police, I mean isn't the whole point of a wheelchair to aid the removal of one person from one place to another. Why take him out, you're making your job harder. :D

doesn't it also highlight the stupidity of the police, I mean isn't the whole point of a wheelchair to aid the removal of one person from one place to another. Why take him out, you're making your job harder. :D

Tis very true, but then I suppose the average copper hasn't discovered the wheel yet.

Tis very true, but then I suppose the average copper hasn't discovered the wheel yet.

Oh I think discovered it is a given - that they think it works in the horizontal seems to be a problem. Job for the instructors at Hendon (or wherever they turn these chumps out these days).

C

Back
Top Bottom