Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unbelievable BBC interview with man pulled from wheelchair by cops.

Anyone expecting anything else from the BBC, who are a fucking joke, needs a check up from the neck up. The BBC are nothing more than a goverment mouth piece. 100% biased 100% of the time. Fuck them, watch a decent news broadcast instead.

what, fuckin Sky? or an hour of channel 4 that's rarely much better?

that interviewer just came across as a right cnut, and C4 should give Jody McIntyre the spot on the Alternative Xmas Message

I was talking to some people from bristol indy media last night about setting up a dedicated cuts section on the site and we were talking about this sort of stuff and we got onto the miners strike, which reminded me of the work the Glasgow Media Group did over the issue. If i remember rightly, they measured public attitude towards the BBC reporting across the whole strike - at the start the overwhelming majority of people thought their reporting was believable and authoritative, 6 months in, and on the basis of their own experiences and that of dissenting participant testimonies trust/belief had plummeted - even the camera crews were on the verge of striking due to the way the footage they'd shot was being used post editing. And i'm sure everyone's sick of hearing about how they reversed the order of the days events at Orgreave, but how many know they took back the apology that was forced on them?

what, fuckin Sky? or an hour of channel 4 that's rarely much better?

that interviewer just came across as a right cnut, and C4 should give Jody McIntyre the spot on the Alternative Xmas Message

No, fuck sky. The only news reporting on the protests I've seen that has been fair, (or on many world issues) is from Al jazeera. they reported it as "clashes" between police and protesters. They didn't condem the trouble on either side, just reported it. That is fair news reporting.

I've just realised that this kid is the one who went on that speaking tour in the US with Finklestein and Lowkey - i remember Finklestein talking about him on the Doug Henwood radio show at the start of the year.

Anyone expecting anything else from the BBC, who are a fucking joke, needs a check up from the neck up. The BBC are nothing more than a goverment mouth piece. 100% biased 100% of the time. Fuck them, watch a decent news broadcast instead.

I still thought it was shocking. I'm quite hormonal atm but I don't usually well up when watching a BBC interview. The guy was a fucking cunt of the first order and Jody was magnificent.

The BBC are a site of class struggle - this is one example of it, Paul Mason exposing Nick Robinson as stitching up the lindsey strikers as racist is another, whilst it's overall bias is utterly pro-establishment (how could it not be?) use can be made of it, if we recognise that the class struggles going on throughout society are mirrored in it too. The same goes for every other media outlet - everyone.

I remember that incident. I'm glad Paul Mason managed to field a response

Wow. What fucking ridiculous questions (yeah there were just mounds of snooker balls lying around for people to chuck at police)

I guess it shows the progression of equality in our society though that cops are free to dish out excessive force, including wacking people with trungeons and both moving and detaining forcibly. :rolleyes: Seriously fucked up.

edit: my complaint...

"To whom it may concern, I think it's an absolute DISGRACE how the BBC conducted the interview with Jody McIntyre on BBC News on 13/12/10. To judge someone with cerebral palsy as being a 'revolutionary' being such a threat that physical violence - as in dragging him across a pavement... twice - was necessary is disgusting. The current coverage of the student protests have definitely not been balanced and fair, the bias of the BBC is fairly evident in their approach to grilling those out exercising their peaceful right to protest.

This specific interview is just one further example of this. Instead of sympathising with a victim, Ben Brown's "critical analysis" essentially consisted of trying to discredit Jody McIntyre and provide justification for police violence against him. No matter what he'd done, I find it hard to believe that such a threat could have been posed to the police that such violence was necessary.

Having been a witness to the events on 9th December, I think such widespread police tactics as kettling contributed to aggression and violence on both sides. If the BBC expects to be taken seriously in how it reports on such stories, it needs to lose its disinterestedness in asking key questions about the conduct of institutions of the state, and how the government conducts them. The BBC News has also been pushing home the message that public sector cuts are necessary. By default it seems that those who oppose, and act against them are justified targets of police violence, even if disabled and confined to a wheel chair.

The particular interview to which I refer is nothing more than a biased smear attempt and I am genuinely shocked. I provide a URL for the specific incident... Yours faithfully, Riklet"

well said.
Get rid of the cunt and let Sky News have him. What is the world coming to when you get right wing loons like this on the BBC?

This isn't a bad one either. Euro news can be OK too, but is still a bit one sided.

Unless the Kremlin mouthpiece isn't reporting on stuff inside the country or local area. I remember the Genocide in South Ossetia! headlines, when the Russians, Ossetians, Abhkazians and Cossack irregulars were slapping the Georgians about in 2008.

People need to stop bigging up press tv or RTV or AJ etc and start looking critically for the biases and interests that they represent - don't be mugged eh.

He gave a fantastic account of himself! Brilliant. I actually thought that the interviewer played right into his hands. Obviously, he was both condescending and aggressive, but at the same time because of Jody's speech problems he didn't interrupt him mid-sentence.

Yep

Does the beeb twat think all disabled people are like the guy from little Britain and as soon as the camera phones are off hes out the chair hurling snooker balls :facepalm:

Funny you mention that cus the Daily Mail does (taken from twitter)
picture1jt.png

Unless the Kremlin mouthpiece isn't reporting on stuff inside the country or local area. I remember the Genocide in South Ossetia! headlines, when the Russians, Ossetians, Abhkazians and Cossack irregulars were slapping the Georgians about in 2008.

Well of course it is funded by the Russian government to portray a positive image of Russia around the world. 99% of coverage of Russian affairs in the Western media is negative. It is what it is. There is an obvious political agenda at play. Saying that it's hardly Soviet propaganda: Look at all the smiling happy people, isn't everything wonderful.
Over the weekend they lead with the football-related violence in Moscow.

Well done to Jody, he came across really well.

Fuck the bbc, fuck the police. Scum the fucking lot of them. I remember when I used to genuinely think the bbc were a respectable news source :rolleyes: A long time ago now.

I know interviewers usually challenge the arguments of the interviewee but that was just disgusting. The 'challenges' were ridiculous ffs - "were you wheeling yourself towards the police?". Yeah 'cause that would really justify it.

Toby Young follows Ben Brown into the sewer.

I've just seen this blog from the Hon. Tobes in the Torygraph

One final point about this exchange: Jody McIntyre says the reason he joined the protest is because he thinks it’s wrong that only rich people should be able to afford higher education. Like 99% of the protesters, he appears to be unaware that raising tuition fees will actually make it easier for poor students to go to university. It really is pitiful how poor the grasp of the policy detail is by supposedly intelligent people like McIntyre. Okay, Cameron and Clegg have to accept part of the blame for failing to sell the policy properly – though, God knows, they’ve tried – but it’s not unreasonable to expect students to do a bit more homework before taking to the streets.
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyyoung/100068199/disabled-student-activist-versus-the-bbc/

Like so many other right wing commentators, Young not only misses the point of the protests but attempts to exonerate Ben Brown in the process.

His free school has also been given the go ahead in Hammersmith & Fulham.

Back
Top Bottom