Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Unbelievable BBC interview with man pulled from wheelchair by cops.

it still pisses over ANYTHING that the BBC/SKY/CNN or any other propaganda channel can do. Al Jazeera, and I know I beat this drum a fair bit, is by far the best news channel out there in terms of fair reporting. And they've been critisized for doing so. Because if you don't tow the official line, you've got no place in the media.

It doesn't piss over anything except mutual, elite cock snooking, Kremlin-style, baby. That told 'em, tovarisch. Ner, ner, ner ner ner ....

if you go to a riot/demo and the police force use baton rounds cs gas or water cannon all are slighty inderscriminate and at a distance
but batons and mandhanling a bloke in a wheelchair he's not a threat and if he's that gobby he can be wheeled out the way and left to calm down on the naughty step maybe given a ballon and some colouring books?
a cuntish thing to do but no need to get physical.
littlejohns a cunt.

you're an unpleasant little man

That wasn't it, either, they even did a cartoon to go with it...
mail_mcintyre_wheelchair_cartoon.jpg

jesus wept... fucksake. speechless.

It doesn't piss over anything except mutual, elite cock snooking, Kremlin-style, baby. That told 'em, tovarisch. Ner, ner, ner ner ner ....

spend much time watching it then? Their world news coverage, is 100% better than anything the BBC propaganda machine could even think of mustering. And AJ, fucks them into oblivion. With no lube at all.

Oh go away if you can't even get the irony of this, newbie. Another poster congratulates Mr McIntire for having a go at alleged BBC bias - I am hilighting the ambiguity of such a statement. Bias in favour of who? For years, Pro-Israel supporters and various right wits have claimed the BBC is biased against Israel. But there are also those who believe that the BBC is biased in favour of Israel.

So what do you think? Do you think the BBC is 'anti-Israel'? What about the bias they've been demonstrating over the govt cuts? What do you think? Who gives a fuck what others think?

spend much time watching it then? Their world news coverage, is 100% better than anything the BBC propaganda machine could even think of mustering. And AJ, fucks them into oblivion. With no lube at all.

Yep. There's a good reason Rageh Omar went over to work for them.

So what do you think? Do you think the BBC is 'anti-Israel'? What about the bias they've been demonstrating over the govt cuts? What do you think? Who gives a fuck what others think?

I think the BBC tries their best, under difficult circumstances. They have to be seen to be impartial but are accused of the opposite by various sections of the political spectrum and the media. I've argued with people who say the beeb is biased to/against Palestine/Israel. It's an emotive topic.

If you really think they are pro-Govt, you are being naive. Sure on the surface, IMHO, Mark Thompson has bent over backwards for both this Govt and the previous to be seen as impartial, ever since Greg Dyke was made leave over the Gilligan/dossier affair. In fact, many allegedly see him as one of the worst DGs in the corporations's history. So I'm told. For his compliance. But there's no way the beeb can be everything to everybody - it's impossible.

So it remains thus; they're damned if they do and damned if they don't/

Some of your best friends are black, too, I shouldn't wonder.

You're phrasing is entirely analogous, was one of my points.

But the others are;

1) This thread is absolutely not about BBC and bias in its reporting of Israel/Palestine - as others have said, start another thread if that's what you want to discuss.

2) Can we please not have this descend into another thread that becomes little more your "me, me, me!" whining. Again.

p.s. - don't be sending me PMs chief - anything you got to say to me you can say in public.

I think the BBC tries their best, under difficult circumstances. They have to be seen to be impartial but are accused of the opposite by various sections of the political spectrum and the media. I've argued with people who say the beeb is biased to/against Palestine/Israel. It's an emotive topic.

If you really think they are pro-Govt, you are being naive. Sure on the surface, IMHO, Mark Thompson has bent over backwards for both this Govt and the previous to be seen as impartial, ever since Greg Dyke was made leave over the Gilligan/dossier affair. In fact, many allegedly see him as one of the worst DGs in the corporations's history. So I'm told. For his compliance. But there's no way the beeb can be everything to everybody - it's impossible.

So it remains thus; they're damned if they do and damned if they don't/

Can you show me an unbiased BBC report of a protest which kicked off?

No? I didn't think so.

You're phrasing is entirely analogous, was one of my points.

But the others are;

1) This thread is absolutely not about BBC and bias in its reporting of Israel/Palestine - as others have said, start another thread if that's what you want to do.

2) Can we please not have this descend into another thread that becomes little more your "me, me, me!" whining. Again.

p.s. - don't be sending me PMs chief - anything you got to say to me you can say in public.

I knew you wouldn't explain yourself, hence the pm.

1. Tell that to the others on about CNN, Al Jazeera etc I merely posed a question about ambiguity.
2. You started that. Again. With your comment about black friends etc.

p.s - you're not as clever as you think you are. Chief.

I have commented on the Daily Mail's disgusting attempts at humour & how people should complain about it. Nobody's had nothing to say on that.

I think the BBC tries their best, under difficult circumstances....So it remains thus; they're damned if they do and damned if they don't/

Is that it? Christ that's weak. Here you're presented with a thread that invites discussion of the relationship between the state, protest and it's representation (all given an extra equality/human rights edge), and that's all you can come up with?

Louis MacNeice

Is that it? Christ that's weak. Here you're presented with a thread that invites discussion of the relationship between the state, protest and it's representation (all given an extra equality/human rights edge), and that's all you can come up with?

Louis MacNeice

I rest my case.

Can you show me a biased report?

there's one that this thread was started on, for go. And every single other report from the night of last thursday, where they sided with the police for the whole night. Then there's the G20 stuff, where they slurred Ian Thomlinson for being there. Calling him an alchoholic, and blaming him for walking in the wrong way for his death. Then there's the war, then there's anything the goverment want them to say.

They are a joke. A really fucking unfunny joke, with no punchline. The oly line they have, is what ever they are told to say. And that is all they will ever be.

absolutely shoddy behaviour by Ben Brown. I've complained.

Me too.

I ended my complaint along the lines of "I know you've had a collective failure of nerve in holding the government to account post-Gilligan, but even that brand of cowardice isn't an excuse for the sort of craven obsequiousness toward power and contempt toward protesters that Ben Brown has displayed".

I suspect that they won't pay any attention to individual complaints, but if they get enough, they might have to acknowledge Brown's behaviour.

Back
Top Bottom