• England win extra time

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ukraine win penalties

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • England win penalties

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ukraine are playing well and pressing hard so no pushover.

However...

They traveled to Scotland

Narrowly beat Sweden who had 10 players for the last 20 minutes.

Played a physical 120 minutes with a late kick off. The players looked dead on their feet at the end of the game.

Next they are travelling to Italy to play a fired up, young England team who played 90 minute's and rested the evening.

I am feeling confident about a strong England performance/win within 90 mins. Think 0-3 or 1-3 final score.

Slava Ukraini!

I watched the whole of the match yesterday. It was a surprisingly decent game for the most part with Ukraine staring brightly but not really offering much after half time except the odd counter attack.

The red card changed everything and fair play to Ukraine for the ambition they showed in the last ten minutes of extra time when a lot of teams would have cruised to penalties. It was though a real slog for both teams and I can't remember a match when I saw so many players needing medical treatment. Sure, there was a fair bit of am-dram (especially from Ukraine) but there was also a lot of genuine injuries. Both teams looked out on their feet and were collecting injuries like panini stickers.

Ukraine will do really well to pick themselves up from that and put another shift in in three and a bit days.

Glad it is an 8pm kick-off. working that day & don't finish till 6pm. Will be able to watch more than the final whistle!

Southgate will play the formation and individuals to match the opposition. He started Saka against Germany, knowing they'd have seen his runs against CR, will put someone on him, who he can wear out, then switch it up. Kane had 2 Germans on him every time he went in the box, leaving players unmarked. The man thinks. He knows his squad, from U21 days. Anyone here who believes they know better is embarrassing.

I wish he'd bring back the waistcoat though.

I'm not a massive football fan, but have been enjoying this. I think I'll be out on Saturday night though :facepalm: I'll have to try and steer us towards a pub that's showing the game.

Look, I may have called Southgate a clueless loser whose only talent is to wear a waistcoat, but that, well, that was all mind games wasn’t it? I was just playing mind games. It’s all about mind games at this level.

:D

Southgate will play the formation and individuals to match the opposition. He started Saka against Germany, knowing they'd have seen his runs against CR, will put someone on him, who he can wear out, then switch it up. Kane had 2 Germans on him every time he went in the box, leaving players unmarked. The man thinks. He knows his squad, from U21 days. Anyone here who believes they know better is embarrassing.

Pfft, we'd have won by five if he'd listened to me :rolleyes:

Sod it, I'd have already won us the whole bloody thing. How long do they want, for god's sake?!

Turn up, win the tournament, back in time for The One Show. Bish bash bosh.

Also need that pace and dynamic as we play with two holding midfield players . Would prob work with Mount not because he has pace but because he finds spaces and can break lines in tight situations .

So are we just gonna gloss over Artem Dovbyk’s brazen attempt to psych out England with a gratuitous display of man bra at the end of the Sweden match?

You can’t underestimate an opponent who displays such willingness to deploy psychological warfare tactics even before the match has begun. How can the England defenders tackle this guy when they’re preoccupied with wondering what he’s wearing under??

991466F6-23AD-4644-86A1-A4438D782362.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom