Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine: Unsubstantiated rumours and speculation

The Americans fought on opposite sides to the Russians in Syria. They have a little experience.

This article resurfaced recently about when USA killed a load of Wagner mercs: How a 4-Hour Battle Between Russian Mercenaries and U.S. Commandos Unfolded in Syria (Published 2018)

They also fought on opposite sides in Korea, though I don't think that has much relevance to today.
I knew about the Wagners. They got hammered but with tools the Ukrainians don't really have. The Ukrainians did consult with experts in preparation for an invasion and they are actively being fed intel but I think that added to or complemented their design - their geography etc., and enemy tactics and weaponry they're familiar with from the Soviet era and from years of fighting already.

Italian media naming Omurbekov Asanbekovich as the commander of the Russian forces in Bucha (the 64th brigade of motorized artillery, apparently)

In Belarus, people who've been sabotaging the railways to thwart war efforts have been wounded, (I think three) people arrested. One of the alleged saboteurs was taken to hospital, others received medical care on site. Difficult to be sure of numbers and how many detained and injured. Ages 28-29.

I'm sorry to say the police have deliberately shot the at least one of the accused in the kneecaps.

This was allegedly on March 30th.

i have my doubts about this tbh...

wow, what a splendid loonspud this is

Dear god. We can all see this for what it is, but bear in mind (from September 2021, about 'Michael Baxter'):

these headlines haven’t stopped the site from building a following. Though the website has been publishing for less than 10 months, mentions of Real Raw News, realrawnews.com and related hashtags have more than doubled across social media, broadcast and traditional media, and online sites within the last two months, according to an analysis from Zignal Labs Inc., a media intelligence firm. Several stories from that time frame got thousands of shares on Twitter and Facebook.

"We have this assumption that most people can spot that this is a fake news site, and therefore it’s not impactful," said Rachel Moran, a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Washington’s Center for an Informed Public. "But I just don’t think that’s the case anymore."

Long article on 'Michael Baxter' and the danger he presents:

On Saturday, Putin revealed to Trump that approximately 35,000 children, most of whom are Russian, were freed from sexual enslavement after his forces identified and discretely targeted 150 trafficking covens.

Proper QAnon stuff.

There are some unconfirmed videos from the NYT supposedly showing Ukrainian troops shooting Russian POWs, I didn't want to post it but it is of course completely unsurprising if it's true. It is a war crime though and is just going to make it even more easy for Putin to motivate people to support the war.

According to some reports I read it's a Georgian volunteer battalion. Might be bollocks of course but if true shows the danger of foreign fighter involvement which lead to huge amounts of brutality in the Syrian war as well (obviously with Daesh but also with Assad's foreign fighters).

Back
Top Bottom