Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukip - why are they gaining support?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-25800285
If-youre-in-a-hole-stop-digging.jpg

Dos'nt the bible also condones buying and selling slaves ? wonder what UKIP loonspud's views are on that ? :hmm:

...and that 'kingdom of god' stuff, with the 'god being the judge of all' schtick...sounds a bit supra-national organisation to me.:hmm:

I think you're right.

I think UKIP are a good example of a political movement that can be described as neither "left-wing" nor "right-wing."

This is my second reply to this post, and tbf I think I owe Phil something of an apology; maybe he is just a little prescient?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/23/nigel-farage-ukip-2010-election-manifesto

Nigel Farage has disowned his party's 2010 election manifesto after he was asked whether the UK Independence party still wanted to bring in a flat tax, introduce a dress code for taxi drivers, regularly deploy armed forces on the street and repaint trains in traditional colours.

The Ukip leader said all of the party's policies were under review and he would not commit to new ones until after the European elections in May this year.

Who know's what the fuck they stand for? Although, in my defence, (Phil), Falange did say this in the interview..

"I don't defend the 2010 manifesto, I didn't put it together. But it will be similar in flavour [in 2015]," he said.

So, still barking right-wing, then?

People with big important cars are seldom doing anything important, they just think they are. Pretty sure we'd manage fine without them. I think a lot of UKIPs base are those sorts, people who describe themselves as 'wealth creators' and talk about 'the productive part of the economy' (you know, the part that tries to sell me extended warranties, flips burgers, comes up with a new idea for marketing sausages, not the bit that teaches kids or cuts out tumours).

More attention from the Telegraph.....

They're loving this "they're all old Labour" schtick...and the theory that UKIP picks up the disaffected from the incumbents....

Ukip's supporters look more like Old Labour than True Blue Tories. Ukip's supporters tend to be blue-collar, older, struggling economically, and often live in poorer, urban areas, with big pools of support in the Labour heartlands of the North. Middle-class suburbanites do not dominate Ukip. They shy away from it.

but, psephologically, this is the key. Needing to reverse the respective polling with Lab, the tories have lost huge swathes of their working class support...

It is certainly true that new recruits to Ukip are more likely to have voted for the Conservatives in 2010 than any other party.

Polling suggests that Lab must have won back 2010 'leakage' to UKIP, but I seriously doubt that the tories will.

I have seen a lot of seemingly innocent propaganda on Facebook. Usually a graphic under the theme of being proud to be British, but without mentioning a political party. I suspect UKIP or BNP are generating these to appeal to the voters who have nationalist feelings.

Back
Top Bottom