Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK Votes to Leave EU

EPT is great and all, but. . .

He relies on Freudian dream analysis for his taking of the stick to the Methodism, and since that particular paradigm is not one taken seriously by anyone serious today. . .

EPT is great and all, but. . .

He relies on Freudian dream analysis for his taking of the stick to the Methodism, and since that particular paradigm is not one taken seriously by anyone serious today. . .
I'm not even at the bit where he puts that boot in. Still raging at the child labour bits, something I'd never considered of the practise 'monotony is especially cruel to a child'. The 'obvious when you are informed' sort of fact. That and a 7 year old running down to mill with his piece of bread, bawling cos he's late for work. Work! Its one thing to learn about these practises when you are a child, in school. Another when you read them as grown up and the fires of hatred for Them are stoked hot once more.

I'm not even at the bit where he puts that boot in. Still raging at the child labour bits, something I'd never considered of the practise 'monotony is especially cruel to a child'. The 'obvious when you are informed' sort of fact. That and a 7 year old running down to mill with his piece of bread, bawling cos he's late for work. Work! Its one thing to learn about these practises when you are a child, in school. Another when you read them as grown up and the fires of hatred for Them are stoked hot once more.
"This is where I saw the Leperachaun. He tells me to burn things".

I learnt a great word today: preterition (see also Apophasis).

Idealism, naivety, denial?

Do you not see it as a possibility. Austria is pretty similar to the UK, especially as lack of social mobility is at least in part driven by relatively poor education system. I was sent the link I posted by an Austrian friend who has lived here for 17 years and sees parallels between here and there.

A large part of the rise of the far right there is in response to racist anti immigration political rhetoric combined with the recent influx of refugees, as well as a history of steady immigration. Wage inequality is lower than the UK and living standards are better, along with more representative voting system. So essentially less of the factors I believe you view as responsible for people voting for far right parties.

Immigration is the top issue for people in this country, according to ipsos concerns survey, and this is clearly not going to be addressed following our departure from the EU. Add on the fact that non EU migrants will continue to come here and people are going to feel more angry and unrepresented than they do now. Even if the current government increase funding for the NHS, which needs to be done anyway, people will not really feel this but they will still be seeing and hearing foreign people.

Then you have the potential, very high in my opinion, that people may be poorer if the economy slows.

All this means that the country will be moving to the right. How far I can't say but I see nothing different about the people of Austria so I fear we can also go that far. I certainly doubt we have seen the end of UKIP, though maybe rebranded.

If you can't see this as a possibility I can always add myopic to your list of new words.

Do you still work in the media?

So, let me get this straight. Elsewhere, you, a British person, are telling Irish people that they should support a murderous terrorist group because they "liberated" Ireland. But here, you're telling an Irish person (and presumably all other non British folk who live and work in the UK) that they shouldn't have a vote/a say in the politics of the country they are in?

Are you actually going to answer any of the questions posed or are you going to clog up pages for your own amusement? That's the real reason you resurrected this thread, isn't it?

So, let me get this straight. Elsewhere, you, a British person, are telling Irish people that they should support a murderous terrorist group because they "liberated" Ireland. But here, you're telling an Irish person (and presumably all other non British folk who live and work in the UK) that they shouldn't have a vote/a say in the politics of the country they are in?

Are you actually going to answer any of the questions posed or are you going to clog up pages for your own amusement? That's the real reason you resurrected this thread, isn't it?

I didn't write the Brexit rules did I?

I've said who I believe was permitted to vote In the EU referendum. Were there any other questions?

You seem to believe I shouldn't have the right to vote in this country because I'm Irish. You infer that it's nothing to do with me because of my nationality. You refuse to say whether you're British or not. You won't say why you've resurrected this particular thread. On another thread you're saying Irish people should support the IRA. You're kind of all over the shop.

You wouldn't let it lie!
You seem to believe I shouldn't have the right to vote in this country because I'm Irish. You infer that it's nothing to do with me because of my nationality. You refuse to say whether you're British or not. You won't say why you've resurrected this particular thread. On another thread you're saying Irish people should support the IRA. You're kind of all over the shop.

I don't see any questions in that lot.

Back
Top Bottom