Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK Votes to Leave EU

it is funny to see them all completely shitting themselves, but I'm starting to get the feeling, as a Leave voter, that we've been fucking cheated. this was all a fucking sham and they never expected to win, and they've no intention of pulling out of the EU. people talk about brexit as a "pyrric victory", but if there is any pyrric victory around here, surely it is BJ's over pig fucker.

it is funny to see them all completely shitting themselves, but I'm starting to get the feeling, as a Leave voter, that we've been fucking cheated. this was all a fucking sham and they never expected to win, and they've no intention of pulling out of the EU. people talk about brexit as a "pyrric victory", but if there is any pyrric victory around here, surely it is BJ's over pig fucker.
What did you want from a leave vote?

I'm starting to get the feeling, as a Leave voter, that we've been fucking cheated. this was all a fucking sham and they never expected to win, and they've no intention of pulling out of the EU.

That's what's so funny about it. It's going to be great watching Boris flounder about trying to negotiate our way out. What a load of stupid tossers they truly all are.

I've just pitched up in the Brexit heartland of Hartlepool and it's weird. The populace are fucking delighted and the atmosphere is a combination of VE day and that time HUFC got promoted to League One. I met somebody who thinks they voted for deportation of all immigrants.

I'm no political scientist but anything that 69% of the people of Hartlepool will vote for is almost certainly a bad idea.

I've just pitched up in the Brexit heartland of Hartlepool and it's weird. The populace are fucking delighted and the atmosphere is a combination of VE day and that time HUFC got promoted to League One. I met somebody who thinks they voted for deportation of all immigrants.

I'm no political scientist but anything that 69% of the people of Hartlepool will vote for is almost certainly a bad idea.
How does this make you feel about your Conservative and Unionist party, which proposed this thing that 69% of the people of Hartlepool voted for?

Looks like he might be right, for once.
According to Reuters, Steffen Seibert, a spokesman for Angela Merkel, told a briefing:

One thing is clear: before Britain has sent this request there will be no informal preliminary talks about the modalities of leaving.

Only when Britain has made the request according to article 50 will the European Council draw up guidelines in consensus for an exit agreement.

So....plan B, then?

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept putting it off... we'll do it next month... the time has to be just right... oho, here's an International Crisis... well we can't leave during one of those... maybe next year then... well things have changed now, we'd better have another vote...

I seriously wouldn't put it past the bastards.

It wouldn't surprise me if they kept putting it off... we'll do it next month... the time has to be just right... oho, here's an International Crisis... well we can't leave during one of those... maybe next year then... well things have changed now, we'd better have another vote...

I seriously wouldn't put it past the bastards.
Like students with infinite extensions.

More from CounterPunch - linking Brexit to a need to withdraw from the US as a means to avoid war with Russia:

How Western Military Interventions Shaped the Brexit Vote

And so all of a sudden the eurozone that was supposed to be a bulwark of military peace has become belligerent, and even more so if Hillary would win in the United States. And there’s a feeling we do want peace. That means we have to withdraw from the eurozone. And essentially, withdrawing from Brussels means withdrawing from NATO and withdrawing from the United States.

So you could say that the vote to withdraw from Europe is, it’s really a vote of the British middle class, the working class, to withdraw from the U.S. neoliberalism that has been running Europe for the last ten years.

I see you've been privy to johnson's plan

Some entities like banks (e.g. Barclays) are in the shit, but overall the reaction is surprisingly calm thus far - I'm surprised anyway. FTSE100 is down <2% today, FTSE350 2.5% today, nothing earth shattering.
Ah, of course. They're talking it up to scare people aren't they?

Back
Top Bottom