Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK Votes to Leave EU

You know this £250 billion capital by the BoE....where is it taken from?

What I'n thinking is, even if not used...making it available is taking it from somewhere, right?

e2a: excuse my simplistic question, I don'r know anything about economics

It's been taken from us, over about 30 years.

Seen Carwyn Jones looking like death on the Welsh news pleading for Wales not to lose out financially and to renegotiate the Barnett formula. Not really doing that from a position of strength, I think it's unlikely :(

Well done northerners...

CltNYyKWAAANWMj.jpg

Easy Yorks :D

And leaving southern European countries to deal with asylum entirely on their own would be somehow better? The idealist logic of the Brexiteer, unhindered by reality.
I think we should save people who are drowning. You'd rather let them drown, there're not even Europeans after all. This is what you voted to support anyway. I didn't vote to support anything. I voted to oppose an organisation that leaves people to die because they were born on the wrong side of a line.

I think we should save people who are drowning. You'd rather let them drown, there're not even Europeans after all. This is what you voted to support anyway. I didn't vote to support anything. I voted to oppose an organisation that leaves people to die because they were born on the wrong side of a line.
The EU does more than that - it pays people to turn them into sex slaves, actual slaves or hyper-exploited dependent day (or hour) workers in turkey, lebanon or across north africa.

What utter shit.

Who is going to save them in any version of the future you care to come up with? The navy of you?

You can criticise or punish or vote against the EU on the basis that it doesn't do enough for asylum seekers. That would be entirely justifiable on that basis. But FFS don't do it on the basis that afterwards it's going to be better for people on boats in the Med, because when it's destroyed, noone is going to do anything for them, not least because there's not going to be any money for anyone relevant to do it, and they're all going to die. Brilliant plan.

It's certainly not clear to me what this graph tells you - that's why i asked you what it tells you. Any chance of answering my post above?

Sorry, missed your post. What it tells me politically is that the In campaign massively fucked up if they couldn't even convince the very people who rely on the EU for their livelihoods that leaving was a bonkers idea.

And probably that the immigration issue clouded these peoples judgement so badly that we have woken up to the very real prospect of Boris Johnson being our PM in October. Still trying to get my head around how this was even mooted let alone allowed to happen.

No. I am not clear what that graph means to you, hence me asking.

Explained below. Basically, to sum up more succinctly, there a lot of fucking idiots in this country. They've not just shot themselves in the foot, they've blown their fucking leg off.

Sorry, missed your post. What it tells me politically is that the In campaign massively fucked up if they couldn't even convince the very people who rely on the EU for their livelihoods that leaving was a bonkers idea.

And probably that the immigration issue clouded these peoples judgement so badly that we have woken up to the very real prospect of Boris Johnson being our PM in October. Still trying to get my head around how this was even mooted let alone allowed to happen.
What does it tell you about how the people in these economic dependencies are experiencing this? What does it tell you about who benefits from it? What does it tell you that these are the most deprived areas? What does it tell you about the people in these areas?

The eu is paying turkey, Sudan, Jordan and Niger etc to stop people trying to get into fortress europe - to detain them in camps or prison or sell them off to local gangsters/capitals. Frontex is the second line of defence after these borders beyond borders are breached.
My menory was foggy. Couldn't remember if Frontex where involved with the camps or not.

You know this £250 billion capital by the BoE....where is it taken from?

Debt is created to fund it.

The current financial system treats future *growth* as collateral for current *debt*. ‘Debt’ is things like your pension. UK public debt has doubled since 2008.

It presumes that the system (specifically, our children’s incomes) will grow enough to pay our debt.

If the system doesn’t grow enough, the debt doesn’t get paid.

The system is, in fact, contracting. Overnight, the UK economy shrank in size from 5th to 6th

why does everyone call Boris, "boris"

We don't call cameron "David" or Major, "john"

I'm fucking sick of it. rips radiator off the wall and throws it in the garden.

carry on.

Don't worry, soon we'll all have to call him 'mein fuhrer'.

did Carwyn had another one of his "moments" early this morning ?

carwyn-jones.jpg

The dead sheep vote is looking increasingly less dependable over years

The current financial system treats future *growth* as collateral for current *debt*. ‘Debt’ is things like your pension. UK public debt has doubled since 2008.

It presumes that the system (specifically, our children’s incomes) will grow enough to pay our debt.

The system is, in fact, contracting. Overnight, the UK economy shrank in size from 5th to 6th

There's been precious little real growth since the last time the bank pulled this money-printing (or IOU-printing, more accurately) stunt. Chickens are gonna come home to roost for all this some day.

This analysis doesn't feel right. What do you mean by "the system is contracting"? How on earth will debt denominated in a sovereign currency not get paid?

Trumps loving it...

[US presidential hopeful Donald Trump has said it is a "great thing" that the people of the UK have "taken back their country" in voting to leave the EU. [/QUOTE]

Well done all you brexiters on this site. You've got presidential approval.

Back
Top Bottom