Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK Votes to Leave EU

another opportunity now, whatever their feelings about the result, for some on the left to be shocked out of their complacency and to start the hard work of closing the chasm that has opened between them and those millions of working class people whose views must now seem so alien. hopefully in the aftermath there will be some time taken to understand why this has happened and to form new strategies in place of ones that have failed so badly.

One thing I won't miss with this country is the obsssession with "class".

Am fucking grieving today - if you want to make a class thing out of it; fine but it means nothing to me.

I remember the transformation of N16. The yuppies left a lot bigger mark over the years than the Kurds ever did.
Class is so passe. It's all about elitism. And self serving gentrification.
And all those that can't or don't want to keep up with this consumer society have very little to turn to.
It's not so much a class thing as it should be a wake-up call to the effect the social insensitivity of the ABC1's towards the C2DE's is having.

It's such a fucking shame. Spent the best years of my life in the UK

Where did these people come from? I can honestly say I dont know a single person, at work or in my personal life who would even consider going for Brexit.
Do you know anybody that reads The Sun?

I do :D

Where did these people come from? I can honestly say I dont know a single person, at work or in my personal life who would even consider going for Brexit.

I guess the commentators got it completely wrong, again, but maybe an independence vote for London is in order. Fuck Britain
Weren't you the one proclaiming last night that Sunderland isn't representative of Britain? I think maybe your representation radar needs some fine tuning - or at least class/social demographic tweaking.

Markets have bounced back.

omgonozkt6.gif

Will no one think of the narrative?

I have missed this gif. Best gif ever! Thank you for the resurrection. :thumbs:

I know this is probably been discussed before but I really wonder how this will effect my right to work and live in the EU as I have social security numbers and bank accounts in 4 EU / EEA countries? and might like to return to work seasons in some in the future?

bounced back? Or the BOE has jumped in and started it's attempts to prop up the pound?
They're pumping in £250 Million.

I guess they'll have to keep pumping money in until it all stabilises..... but feck knows when that will be.

I know this is probably been discussed before but I really wonder how this will effect my right to work and live in the EU as I have social security numbers and bank accounts in 4 EU / EEA countries? and might like to return to work seasons in some in the future?
nothing will change until the completion of departure negotiations.

Just looking at the markets GBP has gained 600 points since the result and is now above the lows of the year.

Back
Top Bottom