Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Traitors on BBC

What would have happened if the traitors got banished in the early stages? That would have been the end of the game, no? Would the bbc have settled for just releasing a few episodes??

Or is the whole thing scripted from start to finish?
They rig it to make sure that there's always at least one traitor in the final, like with tricks they used last night.

forced recruitments etc

There's no doubt there is production bias in the rules, they must all speak at the roundabout etc but I seriously doubt it's rigged fully

I think Wilf's done a pretty good job of deflecting attention from himself and he can deffo be ruthless but I'm not sure about his choice of co-conspirator. He might've met his match there.

Anyhow, I fucking love this programme. :D
Yeah, there's some decent ways it can go. Will Maddie finally be proved right (but for completely wrong reasons)? Will Wilf and his fellow traitor take each other out straight away?

And who are they going to kill tonight?
(I reckon Hannah, Wilf building up more safety).

But then would the group cotton on to Kieran?
I don’t think so. Not everyone who accuses someone is a Traitor.
I think wilf did the right thing because Amanda would have done it to him eventually.
I don’t think she would. The only reason she cast doubt on Theo in the first place was to divert attention from Wilf.
ETA: I imagine if the last traitor gets banished the remaining Faithfuls win and share the prize fund. Only two episodes left so we will know by tomorrow ..

There's no doubt there is production bias in the rules, they must all speak at the roundabout etc but I seriously doubt it's rigged fully
Yeah, I didn't really mean rigged as such - there are mechanisms in place to ensure that the structure of the show doesn't completely fall apart before it's meant to. I'm sure if the players had done anything daft (e.g. not managed to vote out a single traitor by the final week, making a traitor victory virtually inevitable), other rules would have been introduced to add more jeopardy and balance to the show.

In interviews with eliminated contestants I've read, they're pretty clear that the production team gets involved in certain things to make the show more interesting, e.g. choosing the order the votes are revealed in at the round table to ensure the casting vote is as dramatic as possible.

What would have happened if the traitors got banished in the early stages? That would have been the end of the game, no? Would the bbc have settled for just releasing a few episodes??

Or is the whole thing scripted from start to finish?

I don't think it's either. They're selective in what they show, of course, and they obviously stage who enters the breakfast room first, but I don't think the contestants are told what to do or say.

Since they can vote out a maximum of one traitor at a time, it's easy to add more in.

I wonder if the BBC is going to add another twist at the end - when they were forced to kill someone with a kiss on a day they thought they had off, Claudia said "well, it is called Traitors..."

We’ve just caught up over last 2 days, we’ve loved it.

We both said we’d prefer if we the viewer didn’t know who the traitors are.

We've only just watched episode ten, have to wait a little for it to come up on iPlayer.

It occurred to me that, if Kieran accepts the offer, it's virtually impossible for the faithful to win. They only have two more nights to vote someone out and they'd have to get it right both times. Even with one traitor left, the odds are against them. So if they fail tonight then they've lost already.

We've only just watched episode ten, have to wait a little for it to come up on iPlayer.

It occurred to me that, if Kieran accepts the offer, it's virtually impossible for the faithful to win. They only have two more nights to vote someone out and they'd have to get it right both times. Even with one traitor left, the odds are against them. So if they fail tonight then they've lost already.

Ah but there's a twist of course....

Keiran really turned into a toxic twat tonight as soon as he thought Wilf had turned on him.

Still supporting Wilf, but I'll be happy as long as anyone but Keiran wins now.

Brilliant episode that one Sad for Angela though. It was pretty obvious that Kieran would accept the offer. It's a game show at the end of the day with a decent prize fund for the winner(s). Why would you even go on a game show and then walk away when given that ultimatum. Both Kieran and Wilf know this and would be totally right to be suspicious of the other.

I want the faithfuls to win purely because I adore Aaron. There's no way he could fake being so sweet for that long. He's always gone out of his way (in a way that hasn't been played up, which is good) to support Meryl and anyone else who can't do the physical tasks that well and has earned loads of the money in the tasks.

And Meryl's lovely, and is one of the few who hasn't been "I'm 100% certain about this person..." Hannah suffers from looking so much like a school bully that it's hard to remind yourself that she hasn't been like that at all.

Kieran reminds a bit too much of a dodgy Eastenders character who probably owns whatever the nightclub is currently called and has some pretty outdated views for the 21st century. That might be unfair too. Can't blame him for being sus of Wilf last episode though - Wilf engineered the voting out of the other two traitors!

Wilf has sort of earned it by staying in. But I'm sus of him constantly going on about using the winning to set up places to help other people. I don't like people harping on about their sob stories, need for money or charitable aims, as if everyone else is going to spend the money on solid gold loo seats and puppy killing farms.

GF is at home tonight having only just got in from work so I'm off this thread until we can watch it together on iPlayer in about twenty minutes.

Haven't been this obsessed with a TV show for years.

Yes! I think I'm the only one who wanted the faithfuls to win and and I'm really glad they did! Wilf worked hard for it, but partly by being so convincingly upset that, if I knew him in real life, I'd be totally suss of him now. Although he was nice in some ways. Aaron and Wilf holding Meryl's hands as they got out of the water was nice and I sincerely doubt either were told to do it.

Kieran played dirty but within the rules at the end. The show is called traitors.

Though you'd have hoped that they'd have realised that, with "up to five" traitors at the start, and Kieran coming back in after one had already been voted out, there were really good odds that there was a traitor left after him.

33k really isn't a huge amount of money though. Their heads have been messed with a lot.

It's been a great show. Some of the challenges were meh, some were quite good. Also the point of the challenges was partly to win money, and partly to make them work as a team and feel like a team, which is one of the reasons it was so emotional for them.

Last edited:
Added spoiler codes.

I'd kinda like a rule for spoiler codes in general, TBH. Giving an hour is fair, giving days (or forever!) just means there's no discussion.

I mean, I clicked on this to post a couple of hours ago, knowing that it was close to the end of the last episode, but also I didn't scroll up, so didn't see the posts between the last post I read and what I posted anyway, so didn't even see the posts with spoiler tags in.

Back
Top Bottom