Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

mmm, kinda yeah, but...

I think anyone would be second guessing themselves like mad at that point. It's just a question of who you believe and she went and did the opposite to Molly, going against the person who she wanted it to be. And Mike played a great game, so I can't have any complaints.

Yeah, for sure.

What are you watching now?

We're on the Kiwi one and for the first time so far, the Faithfuls don't seem utterly braindead. Having said that, again there are lots of minor celebrities, most of whom know each other.

Is it true they haven't recomissioned Traitors Australia for a third series? Does anyone know why they wouldn't bring it back?

Oz Season 2....yes some fantastically dumb shit happens but probalby includes the all time best traitor hunter and villainous traitor of all time, certainly set a bench mark
Such an interesting program though, basically a model for everything thats wrong with the world played out as a parlour game

We finished the Kiwi show last night which we thought was the best of the lot. A couple of dickheads but generally some very smart and pleasant characters, which makes a change. Interestingly, they're playing for peanuts. The maximum total prize fund is NZD 70k, which is about £35k.

We finished the Kiwi show last night which we thought was the best of the lot. A couple of dickheads but generally some very smart and pleasant characters, which makes a change. Interestingly, they're playing for peanuts. The maximum total prize fund is NZD 70k, which is about £35k.
what platform is that on?

have been reading up about the roots of this as much as possible
this is a good long read...includes Davidoff's "the uninformed majority versus the informed minority" line

one thing i find hard to imagine is if everyone is just in a circle playing the game how anyone has anything to go on or to talk about...becomes even more of a pot luck witch hunt than the tv show...definitely a great game to play with school kids where such dynamics happen all the time (though of course there are serious adult parallels too)

one thing i find hard to imagine is if everyone is just in a circle playing the game how anyone has anything to go on or to talk about...becomes even more of a pot luck witch hunt than the tv show...definitely a great game to play with school kids where such dynamics happen all the time (though of course there are serious adult parallels too)
But the mafia/werewolves do have something to go on and talk about. They can try to lead the others to “randomly” pick the wrong person for execution. And then everybody else also has something to go on, which is that they know that somebody else knows who is guilty. So yes, the villagers early on will get picked off but it then develops into something much more subtle.

You can also play it with extra characters, who are designed to push the game along if it bogs down.

what platform is that on?

www.flixtor.si

Some of others were saying you only get a few episodes before they make you sign up but we have an account anyway and it's perfect quality and ad free. Also, it has all the Netflix, Amazon, HBO, and AppleTV content, as well as many thousands of old films, so you can get rid of some or all of those and it's half the price of any of them.

Go to "VIP menu" to sign up.

Finished Oz series 2, helps put Harry's villainy into perspective. What a delicious, consequences of your own actions ending too. And what monumentally stupid faithfuls.
yes but fair play to Annabel Fidler - mind-blowing genius! supposedly she's a bit of a superfan, listened to all the podcasts etc, but even so, she had the skillz

couldnt find any post season interviews but these couple of interviews were fairly interesting

https://thelatch.com.au/the-traitors-australia-2023-sam/
https://thelatch.com.au/the-traitors-2023-camille/

...includes some class war elements! (sort of)

I had a break, but then found a nice man on reddit with a really good download and got immediately hooked. A decent bunch of people, a couple of nice twists. Seems astounding no one noticed what was going on with that very first task, but that's the wonders of editing I guess.

Must be a bit weird having to pretend that $3k is loads of money. It seemed rather mad when Brits were saying they could buy a house (from themself or granny) with £100+k, but in NZ?? 70k might buy you a glorified beach hut.

Last edited:
I had a break, but then found a nice man on reddit with a really good download and got immediately hooked. A decent bunch of people, a couple of nice twists. Seems astounding no one noticed what was going on with that very first task, but that's the wonders of editing I guess.

Must be a bit weird having to pretend that $3k is loads of money. It seemed rather mad when Brits were saying they could buy a house (from themself or granny) with £100+k, but in NZ?? 70k might buy you a glorified beach hut.

We’ve done exactly the same and taken a break half way through US series 1. It was getting obsessive and we weren’t sure we were actually enjoying it any more.

Just finished Australia season 2. I haven't felt so much joy at the ending of a broadcast since Thatcher's state funeral.

Feel like I should stop now but don't think I can. I started watching US season 1 last year but got quickly bored because it felt like a poor knock off of the UK version. Is it worth returning to or should I go for the hard core hard to find kiwi or Canadian?

Just finished Australia season 2. I haven't felt so much joy at the ending of a broadcast since Thatcher's state funeral.

Feel like I should stop now but don't think I can. I started watching US season 1 last year but got quickly bored because it felt like a poor knock off of the UK version. Is it worth returning to or should I go for the hard core hard to find kiwi or Canadian?

Kiwi.

Just finished the kiwi series. The last Aussie one is a hard act to follow, nothing will equal the amount of screaming at the telly it induced. But I did enjoy this one a lot. One of the long-lasting players acted just like my mate Andy would have done, another looked really like another mate, so it freaked me out a bit when he acted like an utter shit. And there's an ex-cop who I kept thinking was Sara Pascoe. It has a few little twists so that it wasn't just a repeat of the other ones. And it was really hard to tell the difference between the celebrities and the normies. Is being an actor no one recognised a celebrity??

That I got to watch it with a good quality download seriously helped. I could watch it at x1.25speed and it lost absolutely nothing.

reddit r/TheTraitors/comments/16zrsvp/are_there_any_decent_links_to_watch_the_traitors/

Finished s2 and went back to s1 of the Aussie show yesterday. Not sure why I did it that way round. They were so thick, dum dums is right. Every time they got close they bottled it but the ending was beautiful.

I don’t like the ‘celeb’ players and don’t really understand why they have them. Ratings? Hannah was just as unlikeable for me as she was on her previous reality show. And stoopid.

Finished s2 and went back to s1 of the Aussie show yesterday. Not sure why I did it that way round. They were so thick, dum dums is right. Every time they got close they bottled it but the ending was beautiful.

I don’t like the ‘celeb’ players and don’t really understand why they have them. Ratings? Hannah was just as unlikeable for me as she was on her previous reality show. And stoopid.
What one was Hannah?

The celebs don't add anything to the show do they. Perhaps it just makes production a bit easier. They're an existing pool of reasonably photogenic people with tv show experience, who have already been selected for other shows for having various character quirks. The production company can save time and money using them rather than interviewing and rejecting a couple of hundred unknowns.

Enjoyed episode 1 of Traitors Kiwi. Longer episodes (no adverts?) and much higher production values than the Aussie version. Intrigued by the fact the contestants are generally an older age group - though remains to be seen if that makes them any more insightful.

Back
Top Bottom