Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

I watched the whole series in under 24 hours. :oops:
What's next then? MAFS Australia starts end of the month. Anyone, anyone? :hmm:
I watched the last MAFSUK and, enjoyable as it was, I vowed never again. I was so fed up with all of them by the end of it, for different reasons. That fucking hippy 'at one with the universe' guy near the beginning. Omg, he flicked all my hate buttons. :D

I watched the last MAFSUK and, enjoyable as it was, I vowed never again. I was so fed up with all of them by the end of it, for different reasons. That fucking hippy 'at one with the universe' guy near the beginning. Omg, he flicked all my hate buttons. :D
He was a complete prick wasn’t he.

The Aussie one is much better.

Ok, that sounds a reality too far. :eek:

Now I’m watching The Trust I keep getting adverts for Love on the Spectrum. Why is there a special televised programme about ND people dating? Nowt exotic about that - that was basically my social group/much of urban a decade or two ago. 😏

Hmm, episode 7 and I’m not convinced by Brian’s anguish about not wanting to “pass the risk” on to someone else. Having the reward going to someone anyway, it’s totally justifiable taking it yourself!

Jake has absolutely no respect for Julie, does he? Watching her fall for it with her background feels a bit ick really. :(

Yep, nailed it. By the end, I was fairly enraged by her, too, though. Very few likeable people on this at all, really.
Yeah I found myself wavering on her. Couldn’t stand her right at the beginning but she was insightful at times, willing to rethink certain people (shame it was dickhead though), loyal to her bestie for the show and did the revenge thing much better than Ross. Then she was crap again but I wasn’t sure if I cared by that point. 🤷‍♀️

I feel unlike Traitors, two of the women were very clearly recruited because they were troubled individuals and it did seem exploitative at times, if “good telly”. I really am left wondering if Lindsay is undiagnosed (and resultantly traumatised) Autistic or if she had the sort of early childhood trauma that presents very similarly in adulthood. Wonder what the production’s mental health support was like…

On episode 6 and this is very insightful.
It is sad, isn't it? And all to classic. The obvious misogynist (and racist homophobe it turns out) was allowed to stay in so the woman who didn't go along with the sisterhood was thrown out. The poorer people, who had much better reason than most to be distrustful of the world in general, behaving like they were more distrustful of the world in general and so were done down on the show.

Lindsay was a particular case, and her early Mormon life must have fucked her up somewhat (even tho most mormons probably arent like the only ones you see on telly living in compounds) and just running to the first guy that 'saved her' probably isn't the greatest form of therapy longer term. She really did sound like an alcoholic in various of her bits to camera. Which I couldn't blame her for being.

It is sad, isn't it? And all to classic. The obvious misogynist (and racist homophobe it turns out) was allowed to stay in so the woman who didn't go along with the sisterhood was thrown out. The poorer people, who had much better reason than most to be distrustful of the world in general, behaving like they were more distrustful of the world in general and so were done down on the show.
Did you ever hear about the marshmallow study from the 1970s, which suggested that children who could delay gratification for eating marshmallows got better SAT scores, were less likely to be obese etc. in later life? The larger replication suggested a huge aspect of both the later outcomes and the delayed gratification in the first place was economic status. :hmm:

Did you ever hear about the marshmallow study from the 1970s, which suggested that children who could delay gratification for eating marshmallows got better SAT scores, were less likely to be obese etc. in later life? The larger replication suggested a huge aspect of both the later outcomes and the delayed gratification in the first place was economic status. :hmm:
More recent research does indeed suggest that the original marshmallow study was conflating cause and effect. It isn’t that there is some essential ability to delay gratification. The children that ate the marshmallow straight away were the ones from environments that led them to be suspicious of adults and promises. This environment is also one associated with many other effects, like lower SAT scores. And poorer social spheres tend also to be associated with higher obesity.

I’ve just watched the Would I Lie To You episode with Wilfred from last years series. He was spectacularly shit at quick lying.

I just watched the whole of series 1 and 2 back to back and it was such a hollow victory for Harry. Series 1 they were really triumphant. Winning by deceit clearly doesn’t feel like much of a win, even with £95k in your pocket*

Sure this has been said 10x before but it’s very stark if you binge both

People who like Traitors should give watching some Texas Hold Em a go....its a very similar dynamics, just that everyone is both a traitor and a faithful - especially so in a multiday WSOP tournament

booo :(

Jasmine says the volume and nature of the online comments made her worry she'd be abused in the street, and that "everyone hated" her.
"And I didn't want to leave the house because of that," she says.
Although Jasmine did get a positive reaction from lots of fans, she says the negative comments started to crowd out the positive ones in her head.
"I genuinely couldn't believe when someone said to me, 'I really liked you on the show'," she says.
"I just thought they were taking pity on me because I just really, really let these comments get to me."
Jasmine says she's in a better place now and has been helped by the aftercare team from The Traitors.
"They're so hands-on and they have regular check-ins," she says. "They definitely helped me in making sure that I'm OK and getting over the kind of rut that I was in after seeing the negativity online."

booo :(

Jasmine says the volume and nature of the online comments made her worry she'd be abused in the street, and that "everyone hated" her.
"And I didn't want to leave the house because of that," she says.
Although Jasmine did get a positive reaction from lots of fans, she says the negative comments started to crowd out the positive ones in her head.
"I genuinely couldn't believe when someone said to me, 'I really liked you on the show'," she says.
"I just thought they were taking pity on me because I just really, really let these comments get to me."
Jasmine says she's in a better place now and has been helped by the aftercare team from The Traitors.
"They're so hands-on and they have regular check-ins," she says. "They definitely helped me in making sure that I'm OK and getting over the kind of rut that I was in after seeing the negativity online."

WTF is wrong with people?

The thing with The Trust.. firstly it isn't obvious from the start where the end point would be, like what if they had 8 votes voting no one out.. made it feel more contrived.

Secondly some of those offers seemed so badly worded, we spent ages trying to figure them out :oops:

Back
Top Bottom