Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Traitors ‘24 (starts Wed 3/1/24 9pm).

If there were such a thing as a Traitors holiday, where you stay in a castle with a load of strangers and spend all week stabbing each other in the back, I would totally pay money for that.
it turns out Traitors is based on a Russian party 'card-game'
which can be bought
and played online supposedly

....which makes me wonder what other games could be converted to tv
-------

seems like theres even a way it could be played on Urban
In August 2000, a user under the alias "mithrandir" of The Gray Labyrinth, a website devoted to puzzles and puzzle solving, ran a game of Mafia adapted for play on a forum board.[12] Both The Grey Labyrinth[13] and sister site MafiaScum[14] claim that this was the first game of Mafia run on a forum board. From there, Mafia has spread to numerous online communities.

Last edited:
Started the first episode of the Canadian show tonight.

We've got another psychic, and a magician who's trained the CIA.
Ffs. The last third of episode three loses all the audio!

Still, the magician is quite entertaining.

In honour of Sam, I've decided to start referring to myself as 'The Sheriff.'

I reckon people will find that really endearing.

I accidentally read the first sentence of Numbers spoiler in post 723 yesterday when I was still on E9. I was well annoyed since I thought I'd clocked the winner, so I was made-up when I saw the end result yesterday.

I'm not a fan of all these reality tv people from other shows taking part as contestants in the foreign versions.

Don't they have enough interesting members of the public in Canada and Australia?

I'm not a fan of all these reality tv people from other shows taking part as contestants in the foreign versions.

Don't they have enough interesting members of the public in Canada and Australia?
Other than the actor, I immediately forgot who. was a reality star in the Aussie one, it didn't seem to make any odds. It seems different in the Canuck one though, they are actually using their knowledge of them - and they keep referring to their previous exploits. Which is slightly interesting. Definitely less annoying than I thought it would be.

I am on E7 of Canada already ( :facepalm: ) - one player has just been thrown out for 'breaking the rules.' It is completely unspecified what they did, we see nothing. I am very tempted to google but am worried I'll find far too many spoilers. After all, it could be a cunning ploy and he'll be back (tho I doubt it very much).

I’ve finished work and have 90 minutes before I have to pick up my children. Should I watch the Canadian or NZ one?

it turns out Traitors is based on a Russian party 'card-game'
which can be bought
and played online supposedly

....which makes me wonder what other games could be converted to tv
-------

seems like theres even a way it could be played on Urban
You don’t need cards. I’ve been playing Mafia with friends and family just as a talking game since it was introduced to me on my birthday in 2006.

Interesting statistical analysis on More or Less of how well the faithful did, using 2 UK, 2 US, 2 Aus and 1 French season. The faithful got 22 traitors in 75 attempts. Pure chance would have got them…. 21.5.

Interesting statistical analysis on More or Less of how well the faithful did, using 2 UK, 2 US, 2 Aus and 1 French season. The faithful got 22 traitors in 75 attempts. Pure chance would have got them…. 21.5.
yeah the first few expulsions you've got nothing to go on unless someone really starts sweating and even after that its rare that some real evidence comes up that you can pick up on

so far its a game of skill for traitors and not so much for the faithful...maybe one day someone will come up with some tactic or traps that faithful can use other than being annoyed at someone for standing in their way in a line or whatnot

There are too many variables to really work it out. If traitors and faithfully are equally skillful then that would bring it back to the same as chance.

Considering how badly Aussie2 was for the faithfuls, it would imply Faithfuls elsewhere did better than chance.

I am on E7 of Canada already ( :facepalm: ) - one player has just been thrown out for 'breaking the rules.' It is completely unspecified what they did, we see nothing. I am very tempted to google but am worried I'll find far too many spoilers. After all, it could be a cunning ploy and he'll be back (tho I doubt it very much).

I googled it. There are two apparent reasons (not confirmed) doing the rounds:

1) Caught smoking a spliff at the hotel.
2) Had concealed a mobile phone in his room.

I thought the free streaming service for the Canadian one was too good to be true. Three episodes down and you have to pay to watch more. Like drug pushers at the school gates in 80s public information films :mad:

I watched on dailymotion, the flixtor just wasn’t having it. 30 secs of ads every eight minutes, but they were bearable.

Wtf was Gurleen thinking? She and Leroy had it all worked out and in the bag! :facepalm: :D
mmm, kinda yeah, but...

I think anyone would be second guessing themselves like mad at that point. It's just a question of who you believe and she went and did the opposite to Molly, going against the person who she wanted it to be. And Mike played a great game, so I can't have any complaints.

Back
Top Bottom