Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Traitors on BBC

I'd be voting that Maddy off, just because she's annoying. That doesn't make her a traitor, I know, but that hasn't stopped any of them in the past.

I'd be voting that Maddy off, just because she's annoying. That doesn't make her a traitor, I know, but that hasn't stopped any of them in the past.

Goes back to my earlier point that there will be faithfuls who would have sussed them out but want to stay in the game so will not let on at any cost and will just pick off the easier meat. Who else last episode thought "just shut the fuck up FFS" when the guy who got evicted sat there digging a hole to the centre of the earth begging everyone to believe he was a faithful and is such a nice guy who could never be a Traitor? He set himself up and the bait was took.

They’re all completely irrational, though. They’re trying to find Bad People, but the Traitors were picked by the production team. You won’t find clues to who they are the way the Faithful are going about it.

Yeah, that's what we've been saying. You'd think at least one of them would remember that! They also say "because so-and-so didn't really try at the task." Not only was one of those comments about Meryl, who did actually take part as best she could, but she was smaller than most of the barrels in that task so there was a limit to what she could do, but it wouldn't make sense for any of them. The traitors want the money to build up too!

Amanda's extremely good at being a traitor, though. Sitting there with her mug of tea, being all mumsy and happily killing them all off.

The number of contestants with non-jobs is amusing, as is the deadly serious music, and I like some of the tasks.

Tom was a right smug twat.

We have a theory that they are all actors and there'll be some twist at the end. The amount of crying over the slightest thing is very suspicious.
Yes, it seems very fake to me. Massive over-reactions to everything The practicalities of the filming too - it would take hours. When do they sleep?

Having said that, I'm absolutely hooked on it!

Yes, it seems very fake to me. Massive over-reactions to everything The practicalities of the filming too - it would take hours. When do they sleep?

Having said that, I'm absolutely hooked on it!

It's all the men, especially. The women have mostly been pretty calm. That bloke John, who claimed to be so nice but was actually a bit of a bully, accused the pretty boy Aaron of being over-emotional for leaving the room when he was nominated and his character was assassinated - and then John left the room crying when just talking about stuff!

Some of the things people have said right to the face of the people they're voting out have been really horrible, though. It's as if the only way they can justify voting for someone is if that person is a terrible human being, so they convince themselves of it. In real life its rare you hear someone say something like that about you to your face. And it sounds like they're all sleep deprived too.

The new guy Amos was right when he said he was amazed how quickly it had gone Lord of the Flies.

In an ironic twist the smartest of the faithfuls are as good as Traitors themselves. Agree about Amanda she definitely has some of the required "psychopath" traits to be a good traitor.

That wasn't the plot twist I was anticipating though. I was expecting the murder victim to be offered the chance to stay as a traitor. Perhaps that one is coming....

Maybe they feel like they need to exaggerate everything to show everybody else how faithful they are? I guess the pressure to make it clear will make you overreact to everything.

Amanda's extremely good at being a traitor, though. Sitting there with her mug of tea, being all mumsy and happily killing them all off.
Totally. We were wondering how Amanda's friends and family will respond when she comes out! Will anyone be able to trust a word she ever says? She's terrifyingly good at it...

It's great telly to watch with my teenagers - nothing like a load of toxic back-stabbing to bring us all together :D

The first sensible thing the Faithful have suggested is choose a banishee from the shielded group. That’s an actual strategy, unlike “he asked me a lot of questions about my work as a massage therapist”. Unfortunately the twist thwarted that!
Can’t wait for tonight!

I also think
that was a serious misstep from Wilf not picking his friend as his most trusted person. That will backfire on him. He was trying to be too clever and overthought it.

I think she might be able to get away with that once - explain it away as 'Oh I don't know what I think any more, it's all so confusing' (which seems to be the stock line of loads of them just now) but she's on thin ice, yeah.

The reasons people give for choosing others are really bonkers. Maddie's reasoning for Aaron being a traitor is beyond me, although weirdly it seems to lead her to Wilf. Who she's right about but for the wrong reasons! :D

They'd probably do better if they just drew straws for it tbh. Anyhow, very entertaining programme. :D

One thing that stood out to me last night (apart from Will also now giving himself away by letting his nerves and body language show way too much) is the old lady (I forgot her name) the traitors don't think she's a threat but I think "the old dog" has totally sussed them out and is playing a blinder. She has become my wild card for the faithfuls. Watch her carefully next episode ;)

One thing that stood out to me last night (apart from Will also now giving himself away by letting his nerves and body language show way too much) is the old lady (I forgot her name) the traitors don't think she's a threat but I think "the old dog" has totally sussed them out and is playing a blinder. She has become my wild card for the faithfuls. Watch her carefully next episode ;)
I agree. Andrea is a smart cookie.

I love Andrea. Future life goals.

I guess I'm a way it's not surprising they've started turning on the more popular ones - at least they've possibly started to realise it's not much to do with personality. Kieran was right that there's likely to be a mix of genders among the traitors, which probably helps protect Amanda, unless Wilf turns on her.

I'm not sure I understand the "pick someone from our group" tactic though. Anyone??

I'm not sure I understand the "pick someone from our group" tactic though. Anyone??
You mean pick a banishee from the shielded group? It’s statistics. All there really is in the game is odds. You might be able to tell if someone is stressed, but there is more than one reason for being stressed. Being a Traitor isn’t the only one. Fear of being mistaken for one is another. And so on.

All there really is from the start was 3 traitors and 20 people. That’s a little over 13% chance of picking a Traitor and a little over 86% of ousting a Faithful. That’s why the 2 remaining Traitors have evaded detection.

So, instead of picking someone to be ousted from the whole group, which includes those susceptible to murder, pick one only from the group not susceptible to murder. That way the prospect of any one member of the unshielded group being ousted by murder + round table are limited only to murder. It’s an odds game, not a “mad-arse theory that doesn’t make sense” game.

And it’s frankly baffling that even the guy who kept telling us he was the youngest we ever phd in astro physics (or whatever it was) didn’t see this!

Back
Top Bottom