Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory leadership contest 2024

Who will win the poisoned chalice and lead the tories?

• Kemi Badenoch

Votes: 24 31.2%
  • Tom Tugendhat

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Robert Jenrick

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • James Cleverly

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • David Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Liz Truss (for the LOLs)

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Other choice (mention in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
"None of the candidates to be the next Conservative leader have ruled out taking money from Frank Hester, the Tory donor whose racist comments plunged the party in to controversy earlier this year, i can reveal ..."

37b25c10-6f99-11ef-a0dd-1771b36c4a17.jpg

(Source: Getty Images)

Tory leader rivals won’t rule out taking cash from race-row donor Frank Hester

Robert Jenrick is awful, I watched him trying to avoid questions about a £75k donation on Sky - you can see it on youtube it's funny.
Kemi reminds me of those people who think the are cleverer than you and end up in all sorts of trouble.
Cleverly is the sane choice, so I guess the racist grandads will vote for Jenrick.

Robert Jenrick is awful, I watched him trying to avoid questions about a £75k donation on Sky - you can see it on youtube it's funny.
Kemi reminds me of those people who think the are cleverer than you and end up in all sorts of trouble.
Cleverly is the sane choice, so I guess the racist grandads will vote for Jenrick.

If that's the best they've got? Starmer will be laughing all the way to the next election.

As it is Kemi Badenoch's rant about maternity pay has got the Tories trying to figure out how to get
women to "Breed for Britain" so the next generation of care workers can be produced and thus immigration reduced.
Not sure they realise how screwed they are as a political party.

I'd still put money on Farage leading the Vermin into the next election.
Farage as kingmaker, bringing less seats but using a 20%ish vote share to demand serious cabinet representation. It's true the Tory leadership contenders are a shower of shit but looks at Starmer. Eating dogshit is more popular than the current Labour leadership.

The Tories will likely spend the next decade fighting amongst themselves. Former Tory voters are not likely going to
go anywhere near Farage. So, the Liberal Democrats could gain a lot more seats. If Labour delivers more than anaemic
growth they'll likely win a reduced majority at the next election. Meaning that hopefully there will be enough pressure
to see PR vote reforms happen.

If Farage gets a sniff at power? It'll be over in 5 minutes with a crashed economy, with him
going "Not my fault, the woke Bond Markets did it".

Farage as kingmaker, bringing less seats but using a 20%ish vote share to demand serious cabinet representation. It's true the Tory leadership contenders are a shower of shit but looks at Starmer. Eating dogshit is more popular than the current Labour leadership.
If the Tories have any sense, they will see this and fuck Farage off as they have a pretty good chance of winning the next GE without him.

Also it is not clear how much of the 20% he could carry with him if he joined the Tories, again if they have any sense they will be aware if that.

That's all if they have any sense...

If the Tories have any sense, they will see this and fuck Farage off as they have a pretty good chance of winning the next GE without him.

Also it is not clear how much of the 20% he could carry with him if he joined the Tories, again if they have any sense they will be aware if that.

That's all if they have any sense...
I mean a post-election deal.

So Jenrick's final pitch is, in a nutshell, scrap basic human rights and pollute the earth more.
Actually, given who he's pitching to, that probably is a vote winner right there, sadly.

Back
Top Bottom