Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Budget (March 2024)

'While a cut in national insurance would on its own save workers hundreds of pounds a year, the effect of the tax cut would be outweighed by the Treasury’s decision to freeze the salary thresholds for both national insurance and income tax in cash terms.

Calculations by the Resolution Foundation show that only those paid between £27,000 and £59,000 a year will be better off as a result of both the autumn statement and Wednesday’s budget, once the freeze in thresholds are accounted for. Those paid £16,000 will lose almost £500 a year, as will those receiving more than £60,000.'

How does a larger garden not add to the value of the property?

Because most people looking to buy this place wouldn't want such a massive garden, and the nightmare of maintaining it, it's a proper pain TBH.

* This is the view of three different local estate agents.

Because most people looking to buy this place wouldn't want such a massive garden, and the nightmare of maintaining it, it's a proper pain TBH.

* This is the view of three different local estate agents.

Weird. Not like that round here.

Can’t you bribe a few local councillors and get the garden designated as a free port enterprise zone?

Weird. Not like that round here.

It would depend on the property, in this close they are basically 'retirement' bungalows, so massive gardens are simply not appalling to potential buyers.

The place to the right has an even bigger garden, they are trying to sell to a developer as they have room for an access road and another bungalow in the garden, if that happens I may be able to off load some of my unwanted garden, so they could build two semis instead of one detached bungalow, in which case I'll have to pay capital gains tax on that, which is fair enough.

But, without that development opportunity it's basically valueless, as mine on its own is not big enough for even a single bungalow, nor an access road.

I’d like to see a land tax. That would presumably raise a lot more revenue than regressive taxes on vices.
I think parity between the tax on labour and the tax on capital would yield more revenue, tbh.

Sir Keir Starmer is paying a far greater proportion of his earnings in tax than Rishi Sunak despite the Prime Minister making 10 times more.The Labour leader paid £118,580 in tax on earnings of £359,720 over the last two years, the summary of his tax return showed. That made his effective tax rate 33%.
Mr Sunak, who earned £3.7 million over the same period, paid a rate of about 22% in tax because most of his earnings came from capital gains.
Income tax on salaries is charged at a higher rate than on capital gains, which cover assets such as properties and shares.

'While a cut in national insurance would on its own save workers hundreds of pounds a year, the effect of the tax cut would be outweighed by the Treasury’s decision to freeze the salary thresholds for both national insurance and income tax in cash terms.

Calculations by the Resolution Foundation show that only those paid between £27,000 and £59,000 a year will be better off as a result of both the autumn statement and Wednesday’s budget, once the freeze in thresholds are accounted for. Those paid £16,000 will lose almost £500 a year, as will those receiving more than £60,000.'

With the same revelation has babies, kittens and puppies are cute and bears shit in the woods come the realisation that Jeremy Hunt is a twat.

£46 a month extra for me.

I really can't see amounts like that convincing many to vote Tory after the cost of living debacle.

I would count as 46 quid less that you've lost.

And for those of us in the public sector, it will be clawed back from us with interest as our pay continues to be cut and our income tax continues to rise.

Alcohol duty: extended freeze to February 2025
75% rates discount on businesses continues

Fuel duty: maintain 5p cut and frozen for another 12 months

Javid may have been keen on a war memorial for Muslims who fought for Britain in the world wars, as just promised by Hunt, but I suspect he was keener on the commitment for the Tory party to formally investigate internal Islamophobia, for which he secured agreement from all parties in the first leadership election to feature Sunak, but which never materialised.

Back
Top Bottom