Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kingswood Byelection 2024

10% for Reform, which will delude them into thinking they are kicking arse - especially as them + the tories would have just won :D

I doubt Reform will be thinking they are kicking arse, although I expect them to big themselves up in media interviews, because that's what minor parties do when collecting protest votes in by-elections.

When it comes to the GE, when it really matters, I'll be surprised if they get a vote share that large, but they still present a serious problem for the Tories to worry about.

yer Labour bloke looks like he's about to break into tears, bless him.
He's left a nice job and is about to go to Westminster where he'll be bullied by Starmer for however many months it is until he loses the seat in the General Election.

I doubt Reform will be thinking they are kicking arse, although I expect them to big themselves up in media interviews, because that's what minor parties do when collecting protest votes in by-elections.

When it comes to the GE, when it really matters, I'll be surprised if they get a vote share that large, but they still present a serious problem for the Tories to worry about.
Of course they won't get a vote that large in the GE, I doubt they expect to. But they can (not entirely unreasonably) say that they just cost the tories a seat. Thats all they realistically expect to do, so it is perfect for them. They've also exceeded their polling result for the first time, which indicates they're not going to disappear. With this and the other one it looks like they could score 7-10% in a GE, which they would be delighted about.

Last edited:
Does shape the direction of travel of politics though...tanks to parked on right facing lawns rather than left facing had Lib Dems faired better...but depends how Rochdale goes

Does shape the direction of travel of politics though...tanks to parked on right facing lawns rather than left facing had Lib Dems faired better...but depends how Rochdale goes

Probably good for LDs and Labour if the Tories are more worried about a Reform Party threat

I don't think they will get as many at the GE but they will get some and it's obvious that the Tory Party is now in every last vote counts territory. Reform is someone sneaking through the back door whilst Labour are kicking down the front.

Back
Top Bottom