Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory leadership contest 2024

Who will win the poisoned chalice and lead the tories?

• Kemi Badenoch

Votes: 31 35.6%
  • Tom Tugendhat

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • Robert Jenrick

Votes: 13 14.9%
  • James Cleverly

Votes: 10 11.5%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • David Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Liz Truss (for the LOLs)

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • Other choice (mention in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You’re moving the goalposts, I said they’re powerful, we’re talking about in the party as per this thread.
I haven't moved any goalposts, I was commenting about their reduction in status. When the Tories were in power there was feverish speculation from May to Sunak about Tory MPs sending in letters to the 1922 committee, and they toppled May/Johnson & Truss . Now their role is about electing a leader of the opposition who probably won't make it to the next election, which the Tories will probably lose anyway.

Content for people who can't think of anything to say themselves.

If people really can't think of anything original and must post someone else's twitter comment, can they at the very least
  • Post a screenshot so that everyone can actually read it
  • Clarify who the person whose twitter comment you've posted is. Who the fuck is Harry Horton, for instance?
If it’s not obvious to the reader perhaps they should read again. Twitter links are content, and valuable given the nature of what we’re talking about.

If people don’t like it they’re free to mute those employing them.👍🏽

If it’s not obvious to the reader perhaps they should read again. Twitter links are content, and valuable given the nature of what we’re talking about.

If people don’t like it they’re free to mute those employing them.👍🏽
It's actually part of the board rules. A brief explanation of what it is and why you are posting it is all that is required.

Last edited:
Content for people who can't think of anything to say themselves.

If people really can't think of anything original and must post someone else's twitter comment, can they at the very least
  • Post a screenshot so that everyone can actually read it
  • Clarify who the person whose twitter comment you've posted is. Who the fuck is Harry Horton, for instance?
Agree with most of this except that not everyone can read a screenshot:

https://www.urban75.net/forums/thre...tive-text-for-inclusion-accessibility.377605/

Copying and pasting the text means people using a screen reader can read it as well.

Not always possible of course, like if the text itself is a screenshot.

the rumours which ensure she won't get the nominations to go forward. Might not even get the other nine (according to Newsnight, it is only nine, so you must be able to nominate yourself), which would be hilarious.

She'd have to hang about to make a token effort to get her supporters to go with her, I guess. Plan for a medium long-term reunification of the right with her as Führerin

Right now, the only reason this shitshow interests me is the prospect that Braverman and/or Patel will be utterly humiliated in the early rounds.

:thumbs:

Patel couldn't even get enough signatures to qualify last time round :D although she probably needs less of them now as it's a percentage of their (now much smaller) mp's.

Back
Top Bottom