Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory leadership contest 2024

Who will win the poisoned chalice and lead the tories?

• Kemi Badenoch

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Tom Tugendhat

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Robert Jenrick

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • James Cleverly

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • David Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Liz Truss (for the LOLs)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other choice (mention in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's a lot of words there, a fantastical overreach of Bannon , but unfortunately nothing that actually explains how or why Reform are openly fascist.
He and Tice are huge supporters of the orange fascist. Short of climbing into some lederhosen and goose stepping around parliament, what more do you need? Anyone who is on the same page as Dumpty and Bannon, and fudges off to be with the maga morons instead of his own new constituents can rightly be called out for their fascism.

You seem to underestimate Bannon's evil influence. He has fingers in pies around the world in order to inflict chaos and undermine the status quo. Let me turn it around and ask what makes you think that Fartage, ergo Reform, are not fascists? If he wasn't on the same page, he would not be over there sucking at the teat. What were his words again about the orange wannabe dictator? Something along the lines of him being the single most bravest and courageous man he has ever met in his life. And that was before he bravely fought off an assassin's bullet 🙄.

Apart from his love of the Mango Mussolini though, just look at his hateful rhetoric and dehumanizing of migrants. The poster for his wet dream of Brexit was shameful, and he hasn't stopped since. He runs on bile and vitriol, even while trying to cover it up with his fake man of the people bs. He is a fascist and he owns the company. Convince me he is not a fascist.

Bannon genuinely scares the shit out of me. How much power does he have? And what's his endgame other than spreading chaos? Some kind of one world dictatorship?
I think it's the Vance/Thiel/Yarvin types you'll want to keep an eye on in Trump's likely second term, who do swim in the same sewer as Bannon and Farage although some of these people are more ideological while others are more self-interested. The alt-right world is a broad church of contradictory ideas all looking to destroy liberal democracy and replace it with something reactionary.

This long read in Vanity Fair from the Nat Con conference a couple of years ago gives an insight into where they're coming from, including talking to Vance when he was an aspiring politician rather than Trump's running mate: Inside the New Right, Where Peter Thiel Is Placing His Biggest Bets

According to the constitution, the members have to be given the final vote. The 1922 Committee can determine other aspects of the leadership election rules, but they can't avoid this.

The reason Sunak was elected without a members' vote was because he was only candidate left after Johnson pulled out and Mordaunt bottled it at the last minute.

This was all previously discussed on this very thread when you made this nonsense claim about changing the rules to avoid a membership vote.

ETA thanks to tim for correction
They can and they have before. The 1992 has more political influence over the party than the members. The constitution is just words ultimately.

Like I said, I’m not making strong forecasts on how this will play out until the committee agrees the rules under which the leadership election will be held.

He and Tice are huge supporters of the orange fascist. Short of climbing into some lederhosen and goose stepping around parliament, what more do you need? Anyone who is on the same page as Dumpty and Bannon, and fudges off to be with the maga morons instead of his own new constituents can rightly be called out for their fascism.

You seem to underestimate Bannon's evil influence. He has fingers in pies around the world in order to inflict chaos and undermine the status quo. Let me turn it around and ask what makes you think that Fartage, ergo Reform, are not fascists? If he wasn't on the same page, he would not be over there sucking at the teat. What were his words again about the orange wannabe dictator? Something along the lines of him being the single most bravest and courageous man he has ever met in his life. And that was before he bravely fought off an assassin's bullet 🙄.

Apart from his love of the Mango Mussolini though, just look at his hateful rhetoric and dehumanizing of migrants. The poster for his wet dream of Brexit was shameful, and he hasn't stopped since. He runs on bile and vitriol, even while trying to cover it up with his fake man of the people bs. He is a fascist and he owns the company. Convince me he is not a fascist.
You’re supposed to be convincing me aren’t you ? Which is going to take more than some edgy chart of Bannon was behind Brexit , Farage was for Brexit , Bannon was behind Trump, Farage is for Trump and they are all full of bile and rhetoric .

The guy that won Trump the election in 2016 and is right at the heart of the current culture war as well as the riots in charlottesville where a protester was murdered?

Seems naive to me

I'll take your word on this Karl as you clearly seem to have your finger on the pulse of how Trump won the last election, the events in Charlottesville 2017 and no doubt Gotham City.

I'll take your word on this Karl as you clearly seem to have your finger on the pulse of how Trump won the last election, the events in Charlottesville 2017 and no doubt Gotham City.
Do you even know who we're talking about?

You've heard of Donald Trump, yes?

Do you even know who we're talking about?

You've heard of Donald Trump, yes?
Let me leave it with you Karl. If I ever need to know who Donald Trump is then I know who to go and ask. In the meantime I'll just hang around an alternative universe where there might be some more plausible, perhaps even class based analysis , explanation of Brexit and Trumps election than some evil anti-hero with his fingers on magic levers.

Let me leave it with you Karl. If I ever need to know who Donald Trump is then I know who to go and ask. In the meantime I'll just hang around an alternative universe where there might be some more plausible, perhaps even class based analysis , explanation of Brexit and Trumps election than some evil anti-hero with his fingers on magic levers.
Yes, that's an accurate representation of our concerns. Not at all hyperbolic nonsense from a clueless cunt

Why do they call Galloway "far left"? More of that horseshoe shite.
Before social media became widespread it was easier for him to hide his bigotry, and during the iraq war he, a competent orator, seemed to get one over on the US senate along with opposing the war.

If you want to pretend that people like Steve Bannon aren't dangerous, you crack on. It's ignorance that enables people like him to spread their ideas. Same with, for example, Andrew Tate.

I know exactly what charlatans are and trust the likes of Bannon et al as much as I trust you.

I know exactly what charlatans are and trust the likes of Bannon et al as much as I trust you.
You're just behaving like a petulant child. Whether a few people on a message board are hip to Bannon's grift is completely missing the point. But like I said, you crack on pretending that because you know better that there isn't a problem with a dangerous white supremacist putin loving anti lgbtq+ influencer who ahs the ear of presidents

You're just behaving like a petulant child. Whether a few people on a message board are hip to Bannon's grift is completely missing the point. But like I said, you crack on pretending that because you know better that there isn't a problem with a dangerous white supremacist putin loving anti lgbtq+ influencer who ahs the ear of presidents

You've been v busy embedding yourself since your return, so will allow for your posturing and pretend that you haven't a clue what my stance is on the likes of Bannon, homophobia and white supremacism and that you're not being at all disingenuous.

(But just to make it easier for you, I've been posting about the fucker for the last seven or eight years and am well aware of what he's about and how dangerous he is.)

You're getting stick for this because of your focus on one person, Bannon, as if he's THE baddie. He is A baddie, but he's just one person amongst a... what word describes it? Network? Movement? ...of people. And while they're very well funded, they wouldn't be seeing their man, Trump, keep getting around half the vote if their message didn't resonate widely. Same applies to Reform or the Tory right.

It's easy to sneer about Trump or Reform voters being racists, white supremacists, fascists, but that doesn't explain such wide appeal far beyond a core group of cunts. The message is that the liberal establishment - the Clintons and the Bidens and everyone they represent - don't have normal folk's interests at heart. And they do have a point with that. The solution of blaming Others, foreigners, minorities, non-Christians, the universities, wokeness, the deep state, the NWO, the UN, democracy itself is the fucked up bit. As Trump's running mate, Vance, put it back in 2016 when he was still anti-Trump: Trump is cultural heroin. He makes some feel better for a bit. But he cannot fix what ails them, and one day they’ll realize it.

Back
Top Bottom