Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory leadership contest 2024

Who will win the poisoned chalice and lead the tories?

• Kemi Badenoch

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Tom Tugendhat

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Robert Jenrick

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • James Cleverly

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • David Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Liz Truss (for the LOLs)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other choice (mention in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He's always been a possible, as they need someone to appeal to both wings of the party, so not one of the real headbangers.

What's interesting about that poll is how different Tory voters are, compared to the membership, and the MPs will be more interested in who appeals to their voters, rather than the bonkers membership.

Paywall busted link - https://archive.ph/wEFK0
Not sure it’s that interesting tbh, party voters are almost always less…committed…than party members…

Au contraire. There are many constituencies into which to safely drop Johnson. Some of the Scottish seats contain large areas of low population density, in the Highlands for example. Or parts of rural Wales. Ejecting him from a c-130, for example, over one of these areas would be without any real risk to people on the ground
Which constituency is loch ness in? :hmm:

This is stunning in all the wrong ways.

"People wake up with no money in their account and blame it on the government. Forgetting that they've spent it all, been silly with their money."

The hottest of hot takes from a kid who looks about 19 and is clearly the offspring of a rich person and a horse. I'm beginning to question if he really is an expert in long-term trends of housing cost and everyday inflation vs wage stagnation.

Priti Patel now confirmed she will run.

Has anyone got updated bookies odds? Just wondering how my flutter on Badenoch is doing - whether odds are shortening or lengthing?

Priti Patel now confirmed she will run.

Has anyone got updated bookies odds? Just wondering how my flutter on Badenoch is doing - whether odds are shortening or lengthing?

Generally solid at 6/4 fav. But not much is happening in that market right now. You can get as much as 10/1 on Patel if you're a bit crazy.

Generally solid at 6/4 fav. But not much is happening in that market right now. You can get as much as 10/1 on Patel if you're a bit crazy.
Sounds like I got a good buy at 2.5:1 then. Will have to see how the contest develops!

Back
Top Bottom