Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Tory leadership contest 2024

Who will win the poisoned chalice and lead the tories?

• Kemi Badenoch

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • Tom Tugendhat

Votes: 10 13.5%
  • Priti Patel

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Suella Braverman

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Jeremy Hunt

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Robert Jenrick

Votes: 11 14.9%
  • James Cleverly

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Boris Johnson

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • David Cameron

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nigel Farage

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Liz Truss (for the LOLs)

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other choice (mention in thread)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
There's absolutely no way whatsoever that Braverman will be on the list presented to the membership, and I am starting to think Badenoch has also burnt her bridges now, the grown ups will not be impressed with these children.

I'm not sure quite how many grown ups are left in the Tory Parliamentary party...

The days of the men in grey suits who brought cousel, and occasionally a glass of whiskey and a revolver, to the big beasts of he party is long gone. Now it's just a bunch of Crack-addled Coyotes in a sack....

Victoria Atkins is 20/1 for this. She was the year above me at school and was a C***. Stuck up, obnoxious, rude, no local accent, and oh, her dad was a Tory MP - so not exactly someone who had made her own mind up about politics.

I hasten to add that I was on an assisted place and on benefits so school fees for my mum were ZERO at the senior school. It was a pretty lower-league private school anyway.The place shut down and got turned into a state school a few years ago and I fucking danced when I found out.

Victoria Atkins is 20/1 for this. She was the year above me at school and was a C***. Stuck up, obnoxious, rude, no local accent, and oh, her dad was a Tory MP - so not exactly someone who had made her own mind up about politics.

I hasten to add that I was on an assisted place and on benefits so school fees for my mum were ZERO at the senior school. It was a pretty lower-league private school anyway.The place shut down and got turned into a state school a few years ago and I fucking danced when I found out.
I'm so glad you danced! Brilliant!

Cheers - Louis MacNeice

I'm not sure quite how many grown ups are left in the Tory Parliamentary party...

The days of the men in grey suits who brought cousel, and occasionally a glass of whiskey and a revolver, to the big beasts of he party is long gone. Now it's just a bunch of Crack-addled Coyotes in a sack....
Agreed. I think it’s entirely possible the run off could be Braverman vs Badendoch. That said we still don’t know what the rules will be for this leadership change, the 1922 committee has only just been elected (to much controversy!)…

The gloves are coming off in response to the madness that is Braverman.

‘I wouldn’t be surprised if Suella defected to Reform in the next few months if she doesn’t get into the leadership race,’ one former Tory MP told the i newspaper. A current Conservative MP was a little more crude, commenting: ‘She’s lost all her mates and p****d off the gays…so I think she will b****r off to Reform. She has no chance of being leader and she thinks she is bigger than she is so what is there left for her?’ Golly. No love lost there, then…

Beautiful. :D

The row comes after Braverman’s National Conservative conference speech in Washington, in which she blasted identity politics and attacked potential rival Robert Jenrick. Former Braverman backer Danny Kruger has already said he will endorse Jenrick for the leadership, describing her campaign as being, er, ‘dead before it starts’.

Loving it!

From The Spectator.

Braverman has totally shat the bed and fucked it. You’d have to be a blithering idiot to think she could make the final two now.

Our kid does...

Agreed. I think it’s entirely possible the run off could be Braverman vs Badendoch. That said we still don’t know what the rules will be for this leadership change, the 1922 committee has only just been elected (to much controversy!)…

I know repeating myself but these people are fucked if they think a culture war stoking headbanger is gonna have any appeal beyond the gammony Daily Mail reading golf playing degenerate bhores Reform has won over.

Unfortunately a few relatively sane Tories seem to realise this too.

I know repeating myself but these people are fucked if they think a culture war stoking headbanger is gonna have any appeal beyond the gammony Daily Mail reading golf playing degenerate bhores Reform has won over.

Unfortunately a few relatively sane Tories seem to realise this too.
The problem is two fold:

1. There are very few sane Tories left thanks to Boris
2. The ones that are left aren’t as influential or even confident as they once were
3. The party has forgotten how to count in their insane rightward drift, if they had they’d realise they lost more to LibDems and therein lay the path back to power.

dunblane has had many unexpected consequences

braverman was the first politico of the mainstream uk politicos I heard use the words 'cultural marxism'. I don't care where she ends up so long as its away from power, backbench, splinter party, whatever. She's fascist imo, cultural marxism is a rehash of 'judeo-bolshevism' and she's only said and done worse since. 'Islamo-leftism' is the old song as well. That seems to be staying in euro circles for now but I expect it to come here soon enough as Michael Douglas out of Falling Down tries to restore the dignity of the state without actually giving anyone a single reason to think well of it. So thats the truncheon and the friends in the poison press, coercion not co-option or co-operation.

/rant

I'm not convinced that the rules are quite as fixed as it may appear.

I think it's unlikely that la Braverman will be in the ticket that goes to members, assuming the current rules are stuck to, but I wouldn't fall off my if new rules meant that a wider choice of candidates went forward to give the members a full and proper choice.

These are the people who elected Liz Truss, for whom Nigel Farage is more popular than any Tory MP.

I also don't think that a majority of Tory MP's sit in 'secret boring centrist dad's who have to play up to the loon membership' bucket. The streak of loon is wide and deep amongst the PCP...

Braverman has totally shat the bed and fucked it. You’d have to be a blithering idiot to think she could make the final two now.

Perfectly put. Braverman is toast.

The best she can hope for - after a long period of silence - is some middling shadow cabinet post (Transport for example) under Jenrick. Failing that it'll be defection to Reform.

Back
Top Bottom