Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

There's no such thing as left and right anymore...

Nope. Apart from Saudi, I don't agree that these regimes are feudal or semi-feudal (and remember even in the European context 'feudalism' is an 18th century neologism). And 'feudal' is not a synonym for private.
Whether 'feudal' is a synonym for private can be argued. To my knowledge feudal does not mean democratic either. But you are right – there is no absolute definition of Feudalism.

the truth shall set you free
barack-obama-yes-we-can1.jpg

Did Dev actually have a theory of state ownership of the land, or was that just Cumman na Gael scare mongering?
No, unless it was about the establishment of bord na mona and the like? One of the hot topics then was FF's proposal to abolish the land annuities, cash from farmers to compensate the British government for buying out landlords, so possibly they were just trying to scare farmers in order to counter Dev's bribery ruse. My favourite Dev factoid was that he was bee mad and wanted each county to produce its own brand of honey.

To quote Hitch, because there is nothing secular about the Nazis.

1. Hitler mentions that he is doing God's will in the first chapter of Mein Kampf.
2. All Nazi soldiers had belt buckles with "GOTT MITT UNS" on... "God With Us".
3. The first "deal" that the Nazis signed was with the Catholic Church.
4. The Vatican said prayers for Hitler on each of his birthdays, till his death.
5. All sworn oaths by Nazis started with the words, "I swear by Almighty God".

Enemies.

Because, respectively: racist, anti-semitic, opposed to immigration.

But how does your dividing of all political significance into simply pro and anti capitalist give you any ability to decide whether respectively: racism, anti-semitism, opposition to immigration are good or bad?

Back
Top Bottom