Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trial of Lucy Letby

Bit of an odd question. Firstly, if your found not guilty, unless there’s compelling reasons you’re unlikely to get compensation but secondly, if it was me, I would want it ~ if she was found not guilty we would have to assume she was not guilty but her life would be fucked.

The filth regularly stitch people up with bollocks cases that they know folk haven’t done, get them remanded and drag it out. They call it nicking a year off your life.

Business, mortgage, family, reputation? No justice, no peace.

THE prosecution’s lead medical expert in the Lucy Letby case has said hospital executives who failed to act on concerns about the serial killer nurse should be investigated for corporate manslaughter.

I agree.

Maybe..:)

Personally I also find it also amazing that the reports they commissioned didn't pick up her as a problem. Assuming she wasn't murdering babies, you'd still think they might highlight negligence or training needed..

(ETA: in some ways I'm not remotely amazed...)
There's a certain culture in some quarters which regard the preparation of a report as a largely perfomative exercise. They will set the terms of the investigation, its scope, etc., with the primary criterion of ensuring that nothing emerges which will disturb their tranquility. And then, when the report comes out, all too often it has to be "revised" in some way, presumably to make the outcome more palatable. A lot of it is organisational mindset - it happens a lot in local authorities, public sector bodies, and organisations like that, though it's certainly not confined to them.

And, even if they had been able to just breathe a sigh of relief and feel like they'd got away with avoiding a criminal investigation, you'd still think that they'd be thinking "but, even so, that's a lot of excess deaths...what's going on?". But it was as if, once they'd washed their hands - or so they thought - of the problem, they just dropped it on the floor and forgot about it.

This seems pretty competently written and referenced to me, suggesting the science used to convict her was suspect, Haven't read it all but i intend to. Will be interested to see peer reviews of it.

This website was created to present the science behind the claims made against Ms Letby. The information contained here reflects the basic scientific standards and findings relevant to the claims made by the expert witnesses. Despite the requirement that expert witnesses present completed information on those matters they are called to testify on, none of the information contained on this website was ever made available to the jury by the expert witnesses.

for her own safety she'll probably have to spend pretty much the rest of her life in solitary confinement

The sentencing hearing is underway, though Letby is, as expected, not in court.

The Victim Impact statements are harrowing.

Lucy Letby ‘refuses to come into court’ as she faces whole-life order at sentencing hearing – live updates (live link, so won't age well)
I just don’t have words after reading those - heartbreaking doesn’t come close to covering it. I’m also left wondering on what the surviving siblings could be saying in another 10 years or so. :(

THE prosecution’s lead medical expert in the Lucy Letby case has said hospital executives who failed to act on concerns about the serial killer nurse should be investigated for corporate manslaughter.

I agree.
So do I - I said this to the fella the other day.

Good. I hope she has a fucking awful time in jail.
This case has really affected me. How can someone whose whole mandate is to protect and care for the most vunerable can Do something so evil is beyond me.

I've always been against capital punishment. And will continue to be so.

But on this occasion, that belief has been sorely tested..
I think a whole life tariff at 33 - so many years knowing not only every fellow prisoner but more importantly every prison officer wishes you immense harm - is a worse punishment than a quick death. And in this case is well deserved.

I can't bring myself to give much of a shit what happens to her inside, to be honest. I don't actively wish prison violence on her, but can't say I'll lose any sleep over it either. I can only hope the families of her victims can gain some consolation that she's banged up for life and can't do it to anyone else and they can now get on with grieving in peace. And that the managers who protected her are fired and can't get another position of authority.

Last edited:
I don't wish any harm on her in prison. For the practical reason that we should be better than that, and the philosophical reason that she should be left with as few distractions as possible in the considerable time she will be spending in prison so as to begin to accept the enormity of what she has done. Which would, arguably, be far more for her to deal with than mere physical violence. And that suits me.

Back
Top Bottom