Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Kevin Spacey trial underwhelming

This is a difficult debate that has been had many times in the past about many actors, musicians and artists, and will continue to be had in the future about others. But whereas I fully respect those with a different opinion, I’m not going to stop rewatching The Usual Suspects from time to time and enjoying it thoroughly as one of my all-time greatest films. At least not at this point.

But he's been found not guilty so - legally speaking - suggesting that he is in fact guilty takes you, and this site, right into the realms of libel.
I agree he is legal cleared. My comment was only meant to be a commentary on the nature of Hollywood.

So much of Hollywood is insider business it is essentialy Impossible for us to get a clear impression.

My other comparison is the fact Harvey was outed long before any legal proceedings

In every film he’s good in, he plays a creep. Even if the character isn’t vile, he’s a creep.

Given a criminal jury has to decide on the basis of beyond all reasonable doubt rather than just probability, it’s up to the individual whether they believe he was just a creep in real life or something rather worse.

Just completed BBC's 6th Commandment in which the main criminal character (Ben) is played excellently by a really sinister and psycho looking Irish guy. Found myself wondering if he will provoke strong reactions as he walks the streets of Cork. Hopefully not. He's only an actor assuming a role after all is said and done

In every film he’s good in, he plays a creep. Even if the character isn’t vile, he’s a creep.

Given a criminal jury has to decide on the basis of beyond all reasonable doubt rather than just probability, it’s up to the individual whether they believe he was just a creep in real life or something rather worse.

Erudite stuff. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom