Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The ongoing stupidity of Home Secretary Priti Patel

Indeed, whereas English doesn't need to be a de jure official language, due to the reality of it being the de facto official language.
I like the way you are trying to make out de facto is somehow more official than de jure.

One is only official via general consent whereas the other is official by actual law.

So this is weird. On the one hand, Priti Patel is talking about how even simple drug possession should be enforced as an arrestable offence.

Home secretary Priti Patel criticised over wish for criminals ‘to feel terror’

Yet on the other hand, they've just brought in a bunch of libertarian advisors into Downing Street, some of whom are arguing for the relaxing of laws on cannabis, and one who "was poached from a current job leading policy at the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis, and has promoted the Canadian model of legalisation". Reported in that way journalists have of pointing at likely directions without explicitly saying them.

Boris Johnson ushers in radical new era of special advisers

I must say, I wonder if they know what direction they want to head in. Or is Patel providing 'tough on drugs' air cover for the changes they hope to make?

So this is weird. On the one hand, Priti Patel is talking about how even simple drug possession should be enforced as an arrestable offence.

Yet on the other hand, they've just brought in a bunch of libertarian advisors into Downing Street, some of whom are arguing for the relaxing of laws on cannabis, and one who "was poached from a current job leading policy at the Centre for Medicinal Cannabis, and has promoted the Canadian model of legalisation". Reported in that way journalists have of pointing at likely directions without explicitly saying them.

I must say, I wonder if they know what direction they want to head in. Or is Patel providing 'tough on drugs' air cover for the changes they hope to make?

Why has no one asked her if those who have confessed to drug possession be given a dose of terror and spell in nick?

Plod aren't arresting for weed. Not worth the hassle as the arrest stats get them in trouble for racial profiling.

It’s almost as if they’re a bunch of opportunist chancers who’ll go with whatever keeps them in power rather than any coherent policy.

I haven't ever seen Priti Patel say anything intelligent, perhaps she is bright as a button but I haven't seen any evidence of this so I reserve judgement.

Anybody who gets into power and isn't in favour of enhanced interrogation and drone strikes against dope smokers.
Is the sort of namby pamby bed wetting guarfian reading liberal who. Lost us the empire. :facepalm:.

Every home secetary goes crazy but usually it takes them 6 months before they start foaming at the mouth.

In a possible sign of things to come, one of Priti Patel's first acts as Home Secretary appears to have been to ban the African American film maker, Tariq Nasheed, who has made a series of documentaries that chart the history of Africans in America and around the world, and de-constructs white supremacy and structural racism, explaining the origins and the impact and methodology, from entering the UK:

We need anti-racism activists like Tariq Nasheed in the UK – but the Home Office would rather let Trump in

Background and commentary appears here:

See also: Don’t be fooled by Johnson’s ‘diverse’ cabinet. Tory racism hasn’t changed

Back
Top Bottom