Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Tories - Ruthlessly Incompetent. Post Examples of Tory Stupidity Here

At the next General election, I wonder who will be the Labour candidate for Central Suffolk and North Ipswich?

Usual Tory fantasy policies here for this “100 day policy offensive” mooted by some rebels

• An attempt to end the junior doctors pay dispute with a 10-12% offer.
  • Further cuts to legal migration numbers, with a curb on the number of foreign students staying in the UK.
  • Vow to increase defence spending to 3% of GDP by 2027.
  • Introduce measures to jail prolific offenders and build rapid detention cells to increase prison capacity.
  • Cut the benefits bill, with a target to reduce payments for depression and anxiety
But it does give you a flavour of what these cruel scum bags want to do.

More money for weapons, and disgustingly that is to be paid for by attacking support for unwell people.

You'd have thought that by now so many people must know someone suffering seriously from depression or anxiety that it's not really going to be a popular move.
And you'd hope that a good number of those who don't might just see this for what it is; uncaring, vindictive, mean, nasty, ideological penny-pinching that would end up causing untold misery and, even by their own psychopathic metrics, cost the state more in the long run. Cunts.

Usual Tory fantasy policies here for this “100 day policy offensive” mooted by some rebels

But it does give you a flavour of what these cruel scum bags want to do.

More money for weapons, and disgustingly that is to be paid for by attacking support for unwell people.
Could they just cut payments prior to the election? It isn't, iirc, a manifesto commitment, and wouldn't it require parliamentary time?

Benefits went up this month. By a relatively considerable amount as well.

The answer of course is that these people are monsters to whcih there are no depths they won't sink in order to remain grasping at power.

If I hadn't been feeling like I was going to faint through lack of oxygen I would have kicked her into next week..
Karma got her, heard years later she packed in work through severe anxiety.
In a horrible kind of way, it's the people most in denial about mental health stuff who, when it does hit, get clobbered the hardest. It's almost karmic.

There's a lot of karma due a fairly large cohort of politicians right now.

Imagine looking at your parliament record so far when the polls all say you're going to be buried and going 'Hmmm, maybe we've not been cunty enough'
It is, of course, far more calculating and targeted than that. They're clearly looking at their numbered days in office and working out what wrecking they can achieve that is unlikely to be substantially unpicked by a Reeves-driven LP administration.

It is, of course, far more calculating and targeted than that. They're clearly looking at their numbered days in office and working out what wrecking they can achieve that is unlikely to be substantially unpicked by a Reeves-driven LP administration.

I think it’s completely the other way round. They are desperately casting around for things that Labour cannot stomach which can then be used as wedge issues.

None of them have any interest in policy for its own sake any more.

I think it’s the other way round. They are desperately casting around for things that Labour cannot stomach which can then be used as wedge issues.

I admire your optimism but, based on the previous musings of Reeves etc. I don't think it well placed.

Reactions: Sue
No, really I think that's dead wrong. All of them have long bought into the neoliberal, consolidator state and the attendant policy programmes that effect the transfer of wealth from taxes on labour to unearned income.

Reactions: Sue
That and presumably a hope of picking enough votes back off Reform in a few constituencies to hold on.

That and presumably a hope of picking enough votes back off Reform in a few constituencies to hold on.
I think reform should just announce that they'll double pensions from all of the dosh saved from the scroungers/forriners.

Back
Top Bottom