Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The New Tories - Ruthlessly Incompetent. Post Examples of Tory Stupidity Here

Why hasn't this gone straight to the police? It's fraud &/or theft, plain and simple - money donated to a local campaign transferred to personal accounts for his own use.

If there is a grain of truth to the "very bad men" part, that's some mitigation and the blackmail is a separate offence. But the original crime still stands - the victims being those who donated in good faith (to a shitty cause, the Tory bellends) and had that money misappropriated.

This is not a matter for the Tory party to 'investigate' and sweep under the carpet, it's a clear as day criminal case.

Why hasn't this gone straight to the police? It's fraud &/or theft, plain and simple - money donated to a local campaign transferred to personal accounts for his own use.

If there is a grain of truth to the "very bad men" part, that's some mitigation and the blackmail is a separate offence. But the original crime still stands - the victims being those who donated in good faith (to a shitty cause, the Tory bellends) and had that money misappropriated.

This is not a matter for the Tory party to 'investigate' and sweep under the carpet, it's a clear as day criminal case.
It'll probably come to that now the story has escaped into the wild, but if the Tories went running to the cops every time one of their own did something illegal, there wouldn't be a Tory party.

Trade Envoy to Peru and Colombia, apparently taps nose
yeah. I wonder why "bad people" were forcefully demanding £5000 from him.... definitely potential for this to gerneate some fun once the bizzies start poking into his financial affairs and phone records.

Everyone knows what it's like when you run out of beak at 3am, and I'm sure we've all spun the odd kidnap story to resolve the issue.
or run up a large bill with your freindly neighbouthood charlie merchant and they want it paid off pronto.

Anyone with the kind of illness which merits significant time off work will talk to their GP anyway, so the work capability assessors will be completely reliant on information from GPs provided both to them and to the patient which they will then rubber-stamp.

Even if you choose to believe in an army of scrounging lead-swingers, this doesn’t really make sense as a policy response.

Aside from the callousness of such a policy, it’s just downright dishonest. Surely fit notes allow ‘economic activity’ as they allow people paid time off to recover from illness, instead of having to leave and claim benefits? Sunak is conflating two different issues, deliberately, which demonstrates his party’s contempt for the voter in assuming the public will fall for such flim-flammery. Or perhaps it’s just further evidence of him floundering in the face of defeat.
I’m taking this personally today as I’m currently signed off work with stress, brought upon largely by cuts to public services. I have been spending more money than I would whilst at work, as I have been attempting to divert myself with travel and leisure activities.
And this all comes from a multi-millionaire whose wife has previously avoided paying her fair share of taxes for years.
Bring forth the guillotine

From the write up of Sunak’s speech, looks like PIP is under scrutiny and one aspect for consultation is whether disabled people should get one-off costs met rather than receive continuing payments. I strongly suspect that means-testing would be introduced into any successor regime, it might even be punted over to local authorities to administer as Disabled Facilities Grants. And unfortunately I can see this appealing to Labour as well.

Personally, I’ve probably spent more on disability kit than I’ve received in PIP, so if one-offs weren’t means-tested I’d be better off, but I’m very glad I was able to choose the things I needed and - crucially - didn’t have to sit on waiting lists for months before I could get them.

A friend was once convinced by a stage hypnotist that he was drunk and acted accordingly. I wonder if the dog reported to have been drunk in this story was actually hypnotised to appear this way. Is there anyone on this forum who would know about such things, and are they by any chance friends with a Tory MP?

A friend was once convinced by a stage hypnotist that he was drunk and acted accordingly. I wonder if the dog reported to have been drunk in this story was actually hypnotised to appear this way. Is there anyone on this forum who would know about such things, and are they by any chance friends with a Tory MP?

Tag the bugger. :D - danny la rouge.

When Mel 'bluesy' Stride opens his gob I instantly feel a nostalgia for the days of the angry brigade when politicians weren't bleating about protestors near their mansions, they were actually getting bombed.

Mark Menzies, who was suspended by the Conservative Party over allegations he misused campaign funds, is to quit as an MP at the next election.
Mr Menzies also confirmed he has left the Tory Party, which said he had shown a "pattern of behaviour that falls below the standards expected of MPs".
It said it could not conclude there had been a misuse of party funds after an internal investigation.
The announcement does not mean there will be an immediate by-election.
In a statement, Mr Menzies said he was standing down as the MP for Fylde in Lancashire "due to the pressures on myself and my elderly mother".
He continued: "This has been a very difficult week for me and I request that my family's privacy is respected."
Mr Menzies was suspended as a Tory MP after claims emerged in the Times that he called a party activist in the early hours to ask for £6,500 to pay "bad people" who locked him in a flat.
He was also accused of using £14,000 in campaign money for medical bills.
Mr Menzies has strongly denied the claims.

She has a weird delivery: like when soeone is making up lies on the hoof, and failing

She's just bonkers, full stop!

Robert Peston hit the nail on the head when he joked her book was titled 'It wasn't me', because that's exactly her position, as she continues to blame everyone else for her own failings.

Back
Top Bottom