Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The grand tory 'civil war' thread

I tend to agree with the gutter press on the Whittingdale thing - it's just not that newsworthy. It's as though just because a Tory is involved people think that any way to get at them is totally ok... :confused:

It's not as though the Tories don't manage to thoroughly cover themselves in a thick layer of fail anyway.
King's links to/contemporaneous relationship with someone convicted of firearms offences should have been newsworthy enough. Especially given that Whittingdale arranged her access to the commons and she accompanied him on trips/events where he acted as Govt. minister.

I like the idea that Whittingdale didn't pay for sex, as if he's just so attractive that he's irresistible to professional sex workers who refuse to take payment from him.

King's links to/contemporaneous relationship with someone convicted of firearms offences should have been newsworthy enough.
has that been confirmed today? it seems to have disappeared from the most recent detail, so I'd assumed it hadn't been stood up...

I tend to agree with the gutter press on the Whittingdale thing - it's just not that newsworthy. It's as though just because a Tory is involved people think that any way to get at them is totally ok... :confused:

It's not as though the Tories don't manage to thoroughly cover themselves in a thick layer of fail anyway.

:confused:Hmmm This would be a media that put man eats bacon sandwich badly! on their front page, and man in his 60's doesn't bow very well!, only last week the telegraph devoted its first 6 pages to bloke in a dress' mum had sex with before marriage!

From the article killerb posted:

So far his key policy decisions have included:

* Serial attacks on the BBC’s independence and influence

* Backing for the Treasury’s assault on the public service broadcaster's finances

* Unilaterally blocking legislation recommended by the Leveson Inquiry into the press, passed by all three major political parties in Parliament in 2013

* Personal support for the press industry’s new non-Leveson compliant regulator, the Independent Press Standards Organisation, IPSO.

Whittingdale, according to one Whitehall source, became “The culture secretary Rupert Murdoch dreamt of, and the cabinet insider those who fought Brian Leveson’s recommendations prayed they would get.”

Keeping Whittingdale right where he is, rather than ousting him, perfectly suits those in Fleet Street who view Leveson as a commercial threat to business-as-usual.

The Real Whittingdale Scandal: Cover up by the Press

I loved this phrase ;
There were rumours that she had connections to the criminal underworld, but they remain as yet unsubstantiated.

Pointless! There must be millions with 'connections' to the 'criminal underworld' why is that even relevant. Some of the people who live in Council properties I manage have been convicted of various crimes, I have met them, I have spoken to them, therefore I have connections to the criminal underworld :hmm:

Pointless! There must be millions with 'connections' to the 'criminal underworld' why is that even relevant. Some of the people who live in Council properties I manage have been convicted of various crimes, I have met them, I have spoken to them, therefore I have connections to the criminal underworld :hmm:
In the original story on byline it was claimed she was banging a gangster at the same time as she was banging Whittingdale - which, if true, is significant. Echoes of Profumo.

There really is a lot to disbelieve about the official story. I don't believe there wasn't some sort of financial relationship between the two of them. I don't believe they split when he found out about her job. I don't believe the press spiked the story because of 'not in the public interest'. I don't believe it hasn't influenced how Whittingdale has gone about his job. I just don't believe much of it, the fucker probably isn't even called John Whittingdale its probably Michael Green or something.

In the original story on byline it was claimed she was banging a gangster at the same time as she was banging Whittingdale - which, if true, is significant. Echoes of Profumo.
that would be significant - I do hate that lazy phrase 'criminal underworld' though, it is meaningless.

brb, just going to speak to some of my connections in the criminal underworld

that would be significant - I do hate that lazy phrase 'criminal underworld' though, it is meaningless.

brb, just going to speak to some of my connections in the criminal underworld

<Reminds self not to mess with @marty21>

I think they've been unable to confirm the info, but feel the need to include a reference to it for some reason. not sure why.

There was further salacious info about her handing out business cards in parliament too, which has also disappeared...

I think they've been unable to confirm the info, but feel the need to include a reference to it for some reason. not sure why.

There was further salacious info about her handing out business cards in parliament too, which has also disappeared...
Tbh , it's the phrase 'Criminal underworld' that makes lol

Tbh , it's the phrase 'Criminal underworld' that makes lol

It's a bit Fagin and Bill Sykes, and not at all lower middle-class men living among non-criminals. I think the papers want every real villain to be like Plastic Dave Courtney, the "actor".

Back
Top Bottom