Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The grand tory 'civil war' thread

I don't think so; May's neck would be in that noose with them if they fuck up.
What she needs is three useful idiots to act as scapegoats. 'We tried hard Brexit and look at the mess we're in... Now let's try something more sensible.' (Cue: Night of the Long Knives.)

What she needs is three useful idiots to act as scapegoats. 'We tried hard Brexit and look at the mess we're in... Now let's try something more sensible.' (Cue: Night of the Long Knives.)

That was exactly my thinking when she put the 3 stooges in key positions. I thought these idiots are being set up to fail and they can't see it. Depressingly I'm not so sure now, I'm beginning to think she hasn't a clue what to do.

It might have had potential had she not immediately & repeatedly said that B = B & "we're going to make a success of it". No expectation management there.

It might have had potential had she not immediately & repeatedly said that B = B & "we're going to make a success of it". No expectation management there.
'Sadly in recent weeks it has become clear that - despite our best efforts - this is not the right time to move away from the Single Market.'

She has to be seen to make a go of it, both to placate the Tory exit voters and keep the useful idiots in the tent for now. In fact, the harder and faster they move, thinking that they are in the ascendant, the more quickly she can dump them and pull out Plan B.

'Sadly in recent weeks it has become clear that - despite our best efforts - this is not the right time to move away from the Single Market.'

She has to be seen to make a go of it, both to placate the Tory exit voters and keep the useful idiots in the tent for now. In fact, the harder and faster they move, thinking that they are in the ascendant, the more quickly she can dump them and pull out Plan B.
Would be her Cameron moment.

That was exactly my thinking when she put the 3 stooges in key positions. I thought these idiots are being set up to fail and they can't see it. Depressingly I'm not so sure now, I'm beginning to think she hasn't a clue what to do.
And, TBF, I think I'd feel the same way in her elegantly-pointed designer heels.

One wonders whether seizing the leadership of the Conservative Party was in fact quite so smart, given that it may well turn out to be a caretaker-cum-poisoned-chalice-holder position in the not-so-long run while things go from shit to worse. Nice and ready for someone to come along and breezily say "well, that's enough of this nonsense, let's tear up all this Brexit idiocy and try to put Humpty back together again."

Hannan; "pathetic political rubbish"....

...unjustified, rude and embarrassing.

Seems the civil war will, for the present, crystallise around the Governor.

Shows the crapness of the parliamentary left that the that the attacks on Carney are only coming from the right.

Even if they don't believe it, there's political capital to be made here.

I thought like that too until I realised she got the job by saying nothing, not because she was being "smart" but she was utterly free of all thought and merely emulating Peter Sellers
Being There - Wikipedia

I was really hoping it was Regev who had been caught making these unwise comments.
I have been hoping that lying shit might be caught admitting he is a murderous swine for years
Not yet
But getting closer
Take Cheer
Scum will always bubble to surface, obvious to all, given time

How Brexit could still rip the Tory party in two | Daily Mail Online

But some others believe that readiness to give in on the central issues upon which the referendum was fought is a grievous betrayal. This week, those voices were not heard amid the euphoria following the dispatch of the Article 50 letter to Brussels.
But be assured of one thing: they will not remain silent for long. For I can reveal that Conservative MPs are already starting to rally around an organisation called the European Research Group.

Back
Top Bottom