Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2021/22

Good crowd for NZ-Bangladesh first day. There were nice crowds in the first test on the early days as well. Bangladesh are not a huge draw. Test cricket isn't dying. Never has been.

A little bit weirdly, considering his reputation, but Stokes actually has one of the best forward defensive shots I've ever seen. It actually looks like an aggressive shot in itself.

Good crowd for NZ-Bangladesh first day. There were nice crowds in the first test on the early days as well. Bangladesh are not a huge draw. Test cricket isn't dying. Never has been.

It's the height of summer there. It must be a nice day out. I wouldn't mind being there!

NZ have got decent crowds for a few years now. Decent crowds in NZ are maybe 4-5,000 a day. That's fine. It's up on crowds from a few years ago. Test attendances in England and Australia in the last decade or so have been well up on 30-odd years ago as well.

A lot of nonsense is spoken about test cricket dying. It isn't.

I've just tuned into the NZ game - um, the pitch is almost as green as the outfield. wtf is going on there.

And yes, I agree, test cricket isn't dying. Just needs to be on terrestrial here.

I'm going for Day 3 and 4. A few points...

It is summer. It's the first test at Hagley this summer. Probably our nicest ground in competition with the Basin in Wellington.

It's also Ross Taylor's last Test, an absolute giant of the Black Caps over the 112 he's played.

Vaccine passes on entry as well, so while we've got about 60 to 80 cases of Delta out in the community each day in NZ, you're probably relatively safe.

There were some other good things on the fourth day for England. Ollie Pope’s wicket-keeping was lithe and limber. There was even something refreshing in the sound of his eager, piping chat, a pleasant change from the silent sadness of Jos Buttler, who crouches for every ball with the look of a laudanum-addled poet splayed in his garret composing his latest ode to death.

Buttler is worse than a waste of space. Ed Smith's folly has gotta go.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom