Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2023 Russian Coup.

Prigozhin and Wagner cannot challenge Putin’s power directly, but they expose his weakening grip​

For Opinion, Keir Giles says the insurrection won’t stop the war, but a distracted Russia is good for the world.

Once again Vladimir Putin’s war on Ukraine has taken a turn he never expected. The Russian leader’s brief speech denouncing the Wagner group’s Yevgeny Prigozhin, and what appears to be a significant mutiny, showed he knows just how dangerous the situation could be for him – but if he has a convincing plan for how to deal with it, he didn’t share it.

Prigozhin and Wagner cannot challenge Putin’s power directly, but they expose his weakening grip
Keir Giles

Prigozhin and Wagner cannot challenge Putin’s power directly, but they expose his weakening grip​

For Opinion, Keir Giles says the insurrection won’t stop the war, but a distracted Russia is good for the world.

Once again Vladimir Putin’s war on Ukraine has taken a turn he never expected. The Russian leader’s brief speech denouncing the Wagner group’s Yevgeny Prigozhin, and what appears to be a significant mutiny, showed he knows just how dangerous the situation could be for him – but if he has a convincing plan for how to deal with it, he didn’t share it.

Prigozhin and Wagner cannot challenge Putin’s power directly, but they expose his weakening grip
Keir Giles
I suppose you agree with this as you post it without comment. But no matter how this goes we may find ourselves in a few months longing for the halcyon days of vp. Should prizoghin topple vp do you think what happens after will be any good for Ukraine let alone Russia or the rest of us?

Keir Giles
Hmmm. I'm suspicious of anyone who claims to know what any of this means yet.

I suppose you agree with this as you post it without comment. But no matter how this goes we may find ourselves in a few months longing for the halcyon days of vp. Should prizoghin topple vp do you think what happens after will be any good for Ukraine let alone Russia or the rest of us?
I justed posted it for information. It should be clear from what I've already said that I'm not optimistic about the outcome of all this.

Videos on twitter of lines of tanks for that other warlord the Chechen one heading in, shouting about Allah and going to fight the other lot. I can see why you’d be laughing if you were in Ukraine but otherwise idk.

Reactions: tim
I assume Russia-friendly Chechen commanders were installed but wouldn't have thought the rank and file would be too grateful to Putin for what he did to them.

I haven't seen any posters suggesting it's the endgame for Putin, that's just in your head.
Oh.

It could be that my view is coloured by the fact that earlier I was mansplaining, in a WhatsApp discussion with Mrs RD and her cousin, why this wasn't necessarily a good thing even for Ukraine fans like them.

Looking on one of the other threads it looks as if Putins legged it
Its totally standard for there to be all sorts of this sort of claim made in these situations, its standard propaganda.

Which is not to say that no such claim could ever be true, just that it is incredibly difficult to differentiate such propaganda from fact unless verifiable facts truly emerge and then stand the test of time.

Funds not an issue apparently !

Whether true or not him saying he’s got busloads of billions of cash to pay his fighters has to be a good move- will people defect and join ?

conflicting reports about Kadyrov units near Rostov -- they're apparently close, but stuck, and not moving. or something

Back
Top Bottom