Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russian inforwars

PBS/CNN (Amanpour & Company) interviews Carole Cadwalladr. Interview focuses in the first instance on Russia and the Ukraine information war but covers a host of related topics including Trump and Brexit:

Thanks for posting that. More people need to hear her message.

Russia and QAnon what a surprise:

Next stage, where they try to fit trump into it, is quite impressive in its own absolutely fucking mental way;

Next stage, where they try to fit trump into it, is quite impressive in its own absolutely fucking mental way;

Yeah I already saw that. However, I do recommend that you watch the Carole Cadwalladr interview I posted upthread

Leaked instructions from inside Russian state media: Play tucker Carlson, a lot, and remind everyone that criticising the war will be severely punished:

If it weren't for the fact that FOX are complete scum, then this would have been a career-ender for Tucker Carlson. A propagandist for the other side on home soil. What a piece of shit.

Normally I'm very very (very very very) suspicious of claims of anything false-flag-related, for obvious reasons, and can't verify/give an accurate assessment of how reliable the source is, but this is a translation of a telegram post apparently from the Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine:

The Center for Countering Disinformation at the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine exposes another attempt by Russia to conduct a disinformation campaign under the "foreign flag". To consolidate Russian society in support of the war with Ukraine, Russia's special services plan to conduct an operation aimed at discrediting Ukrainians living in Russia.
As part of the special operation it is planned:
📍 Spreading calls to Ukrainians living in Russia to lead a protest movement to overthrow Putin's regime. Leaders of public opinion with an allegedly pro-Ukrainian position outside Russia will be involved in the proclamation of the appeals.
📍 giving protests related to the sharp deterioration of living conditions of Russians an ethnic "Ukrainian" color.
📍 implementation of a series of provocations of a violent (terrorist) nature, which will be "organized" by ethnic Ukrainians.
📍 intensification of propaganda measures to explain to the citizens of Russia the inevitability of war with Ukraine and the need to destroy Ukrainians.
Let's stop #infoterror together

Early Tuesday morning, Twitter users began flagging an account pretending to be Ovsyannikova.

An archive of the account, @MarinaOvsy, shows that it was created sometime this month. Its tweets implied that the news segment during which Ovsyannikova protested was actually staged.

“Russians always lie. News on Russian TV are not live, but have a 5-10 mins delay,” reads one. “There is no way someone could go live with that banner without being authorized for that. It’s just a part of Russian propaganda to make them look like victims of Putin’s regime.”

Taras Mishchenko, editor of Mezha Media, tweeted that Ovsyannikova’s lawyers said the @MarinaOvsy account was fake. Mishchenko asked people to report it.

Twitter appears broken, wonder if that’s a cyberattack of some kind?
According to Reddit:

Doing a traceroute from my BT connection, it seems like something or someone has poisoned the routing table and requests are being routed to networks identifying as stream-internet.net and mts-internet.net. These are both Russian owned.

Unsure if this is someone's idea of a joke, a genuine error or something more sinister.

yep, traceroute is ending at

inetnum: 212.188.42.0 - 212.188.42.255 netname: p2p-net-188-42 descr: MTS / former ZAO MTU-Intel's p2p network descr: OJSC MTS / former ZAO MTU-Intel descr: Smolenskaya-Sennaya Sq., 27 block 2descr: 119121 Moscow, Russia

Franak Viacorka* couldn't access his account for 3 days after it was accessed by an unknown Russian IP, then his tweets were being removed. He got it back yesterday.

*He's chief advisor to Sviatlana Tsikhanouskaya, who would probably be the Belarusian leader had Lukashenko allowed a fair election result.

I keep reading about Ukrainians who when they call their family or close friends in Russia and tell them about the horrific things that have happened to them (not things they saw in pictures or heard about, things that actually happened to them in their homes in front of heir eyes) their Russian relatives just refuse to believe them. Accuse them of lying or say it must have been your own troops dressed up as Russians.
So many of these stories now.
I find this pretty much impossible to understand.
It cant be that the State tv is that amazingly convincing can it surely?

I keep reading about Ukrainians who when they call their family or close friends in Russia and tell them about the horrific things that have happened to them (not things they saw in pictures or heard about, things that actually happened to them in their homes in front of heir eyes) their Russian relatives just refuse to believe them. Accuse them of lying or say it must have been your own troops dressed up as Russians.
So many of these stories now.
I find this pretty much impossible to understand.
It cant be that the State tv is that amazingly convincing can it surely?
There could be a fear of phone tapping. It was definitely a thing in Soviet Russia.

This will have to fit here for want of anywhere better to put it, Some people are calling it censorship (but it's additional information!) but for my part it's difficult to have any sympathy whatsoever:

Back
Top Bottom