Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

Just checked out who's standing in my constituency. Disappointed to report there are no independents standing. I do love a random nutty independent standing on some hyper-local issue.

Next constituency along there are a couple of independents. One seems over exercised about building new houses, as in she doesn't want new house built. I can't find any info on the other guy which is promising from the lulz perspective.

We do quite randomly have a Brexit Party candidate. In theory this is a 2 way shootout between the tories and lib dems so theoretically this could be the sort of situation where BP can damage the tories. That being said I'll be surprised if the BP guy gets his deposit back.

Not much choice here either. Tory, lib dem, green, brexit, labour or CUK.

Some grumbling in the local labour party about the all women, all BAME shortlist which has apparently robbed the heir apparent to Chris Leslie's seat who, while female, is also white. The candidate they have picked seems promising though. She's local unlike the parachuted-in Leslie, working class and unlike other candidates for the nomination is untainted by association with the foul city council. She also says she'll only claim 35 grand of her MP's salary.

Back
Top Bottom