Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2019 General Election

That's not where this election will be decided, though. Any loss from the tories in those seats to anyone is a bonus still.

'most libdem supporters think the tories would be better for the economy than labour'

That's an ongoing problem. Where the fuck the idea that the tories are better than labour for the economy has come from, I don't quite know, but it's a myth that is stubbornly hard to banish. It certainly doesn't come from a rational analysis of economic history.

That's not where this election will be decided, though. Any loss from the tories in those seats to anyone is a bonus still.

'most libdem supporters think the tories would be better for the economy than labour'

That's an ongoing problem. Where the fuck the idea that the tories are better than labour for the economy has come from, I don't quite know, but it's a myth that is stubbornly hard to banish. It certainly doesn't come from a rational analysis of economic history.

Would agree that a Lib Dem surge in London is likely to harm the Tories.

I really can't predict this GE. Tories still ahead about 10 points, as far as I can tell. LibDems doing well, too, supposedly, but I heard Labour had picked up a few points last week, too.

Farage not standing in Con seats will help the Leave vote and have an impact. He's positioning himself for a coalition with that, I think: hopefully win a couple of seats and then have a DUP-style casting vote to bring about hard Brexit and screw the NHS over.

It's a weirdly interesting one, if frightening. I might stay up most of election night for it. Ive already booked the Friday after off work.

I really can't predict this GE. Tories still ahead about 10 points, as far as I can tell. LibDems doing well, too, supposedly, but I heard Labour had picked up a few points last week, too.

Farage not standing in Con seats will help the Leave vote and have an impact. He's positioning himself for a coalition with that, I think: hopefully win a couple of seats and then have a DUP-style casting vote to bring about hard Brexit and screw the NHS over.

It's a weirdly interesting one, if frightening. I might stay up most of election night for it. Ive already booked the Friday after off work.
Farage won't win any seats

Round-up of this weekend polls in this post: Political polling

There's six polling companies involved, giving the Tories between 8% & 17% lead, lower than where they were at this stage in the 2017 election, which was 15-20%.

The LibDems have dropped from their dizzy heights of getting 20-25% to 11-16%.

Farage won't win any seats
I hope not but do wonder if he's directing all resources to the seats where there's an outside chance, he might cause an upset. He's not done a big publicity-grabbing 'Breaking Point' poster-type thing yet. I expect he will and this stuff usually gets him votes, sadly. Impossible to predict this GE, though, for loads of reasons.

I hope not but do wonder if he's directing all resources to the seats where there's an outside chance, he might cause an upset. He's not done a big publicity-grabbing 'Breaking Point' poster-type thing yet. I expect he will and this stuff usually gets him votes, sadly. Impossible to predict this GE, though, for loads of reasons.
His u-turn on standing in every seat will have lost him votes where he does stand, the way he's handled things is unbelievably cackhanded and I expect the BP will be down to 3, 4% if not lower on the night

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...eryone-what-could-possibly-go-wrong-with-that
Free stuff for absolutely everyone. What could possibly go wrong with that? | Andrew Rawnsley

Voters won’t trust politicians promising the moon if they suspect it will end up costing them the earth

Rawnsley is so fucking blatant, i began this article thinking it was going to be about all the main parties huge giveways, but no, it is only about labour and of course Corbyn. might consider a complaint.

I’m a great believer in working class activity rather , where possible, than relying on the state . Sylvia Pankhurst’s ‘cost price restaurants ‘ are worth looking at as an example of working class self help. Funded by donations they were set up to provide meals at affordable prices . As someone once said ‘ a helping hand not a handout’ .
Not mutually exclusive, both good. Ideal situation I think is a state that helps create and support grassroots initiatives, but not in the spirit of letting themselves off the hook of the states obligations iyswim (a la big shitiety). From what I've heard GLC threw a load of cash around in this positive fashion.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...eryone-what-could-possibly-go-wrong-with-that

Rawnsley is so fucking blatant, i began this article thinking it was going to be about all the main parties huge giveways, but no, it is only about labour and of course Corbyn. might consider a complaint.
Link is not working there but here it is: Free stuff for absolutely everyone. What could possibly go wrong with that? | Andrew Rawnsley

And yes it is awful, full of every cliche: free stuff, someone else will pay, gift to the middle classes, how's it going to be paid for, Labour not trustworthy etc, framed as "this is what the public will be thinking" which is a rhetorical tactic about as convincing as starting with "some people say...".

Link is not working there but here it is: Free stuff for absolutely everyone. What could possibly go wrong with that? | Andrew Rawnsley

And yes it is awful, full of every cliche: free stuff, someone else will pay, gift to the middle classes, how's it going to be paid for, Labour not trustworthy etc, framed as "this is what the public will be thinking" which is a rhetorical tactic about as convincing as starting with "some people say...".

What's with the whole silk tie leaning in to let you in on the honest truth schtick?

I'd hate to live somewhere like that tbh, there is no way I would vote for a libdem
Options fairly limited, you're right. Labour canvasser mate of mine says he's been getting lots of positive stuff on the doorsteps but I'd be very surprised if it turned over a gap like that.

Yeshua...who the hell are this lot popping up in some Midlands areas, West Brom included where I have family. They are also blessed with George Galloway as an option.

My own constituency has an A Nettle as the Green candidate :D

Yeshua...who the hell are this lot popping up in some Midlands areas, West Brom included where I have family

Their candidate in West Brom East:

As the Pastoral Leader of Active Christians Ministry , I believe God has kept me grounded to fulfil all of these tasks. I want to connect with others to share my expertise and experience. I am also looking for franchisees to open up a Schools nationally and internationally.

ASPIRATIONS I AM CURRENTLY PURSUING:
To be the Prime minister of the uk see www.yeshuaparty.co.uk
Or Mayor of a unified Great Britain (including the remaining Common Wealth Countries). This is to increase international trade to help increase business for all the local areas as we operate within a global market.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/homeschool

They probably only have one or two candidates, based on their past electoral performance its really little more than a one man band.

Some manifesto highlights:

There will be a flat-rate tax system to create a fair society.

There will be start-up support for the slaughtering of animals. There will be mobile abattoirs where individuals will have the opportunity to slaughter animals and lock up their equipment. This data will be stored on a secure computer system.

The Yeshua Party will create a fairer society founded upon Biblical principles where individuals are not judged and are given a choice. Communities and corporations will be held accountable for their actions.

Single parents will receive financial support for a child and there will be tighter inspections to ensure that the money is spent on that child.

Funding for ministries and good causes.

The lottery must simplify the good causes that they support and distribute funds equally.

Pro-life

We encourage the route of counselling rather than abortion.

Individuals will receive the biblical knowledge of what they do.

Safeguarding

There will be support within a home where a child is at minor risk but where the risk can be eliminated.

There will be more rigorous standards of investigation and harsher consequences to false allegations. There are current flaws that enable people to falsely accuse others of criminal activity without any real evidence. There is a revenge culture that is sustained by inadequate investigation processes and this needs to stop. This disturbs the child and leads to family breakdown.

Detailed manifesto

Back
Top Bottom