Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2017 General Election campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love to base my politics around a British nuclear exchange with Iran and North Korea

Having said if all that this has given them to go at Corbyn is that he won't commit to nuking people, well, it's not much of a win really is it.

May was worse, but was largely forgettable.
Definitely all going to be about Labour tomorrow in the headlines.

What is the obsession about with repeatedly asking him 'will you kill millions of people?'
To a lot of people it's important.

I'd be lying if I said I understood exactly why, but I think it's notions of safety, of strength, of our place on the world stage. They focus on that and forget what killing hundreds of thousands of people actually is.

To a lot of people it's important.

I'd be lying if I said I understood exactly why, but I think it's notions of safety, of strength, of our place on the world stage. They focus on that and forget what killing hundreds of thousands of people actually is.

Some people, not lots. Not in my experience anyway, even among the Tories I've known not many have had the sort of raging hard on for nuclear apocalypse some of those lads in the audience had. Granted they'd still think Corbyn is soft, but the badgering, fantasising idiocy from the audience is still a rarity I reckon.

It's odd in the most simplistic logic level ever...it's like calling someone a 'social justice warrior'... Social justice is bad?

'You won't kill millions of people!' Killing millions of people is good?

Fucks sake.
But I think the issue is they don't frame it in terms of killing people, they frame it terms of protecting people.

While we hear "I won't kill people", they hear "I won't protect you".

Ach, sorry ,what the fuck do I know. I'm depressed. My fellow humans are even more idiotic than I am.
Some people, not lots. Not in my experience anyway, even among the Tories I've known not many have had the sort of raging hard on for nuclear apocalypse some of those lads in the audience had. Granted they'd still think Corbyn is soft, but the badgering, fantasising idiocy from the audience is still a rarity I reckon.
Aye, fair point mebbe. Still seems to be enough to make a big deal of it.

This bit itself I really don't understand.

A question for bloke or blokella on the street: why do you give a fuck? :confused:
Start a thread on it, there's a couple of people (at least) on U75 that have said that it's one of the reasons why they won't vote for Corbyn

This bit itself I really don't understand.

A question for bloke or blokella on the street: why do you give a fuck? :confused:

The innate historical awareness we all have that tells us that if we don't have a place on the World Stage then the people who do will happily fuck us over.

TIL Erectile dysfunction is a big problem for fat, red-faced 55-year-old QT audience members. Jezza can still get it up. I heard Diane Abbott often hangs a red flag off it.

BLOW US UP!!! COWARD.

workers-bomb.jpg

Ahead of the game...

Aye, fair point mebbe. Still seems to be enough to make a big deal of it.

Lock yourself in the right room and Illuminati conspiracies, Pizza related human sacrifice and the abandonment of the gold standard can all seem like a big deal too. Especially if there's a media outlet or two in the background to say that's sensible.

Maybe I'm just being optimistic though, maybe people really do care deeply about megadeaths.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom