Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Should the Queen meet Martin McGuinness?

Jesus is just as relevant today as before.
What - the exact same amount? At all times?

Look, if you can't do the light-stuff, the marx stuff then what hope of you doing the medium stuff like jesus? If you want to say why marx is or is not relevant then please, i invite you to. Again. Go on, i dare you.

Nonsense, he's every bit as relevant as Marx in a thread about SF & your monarch. He preached equality, kicked the bankers out, spoke against the tax collector and stood up to the imperialists.
yes, he stood up the the imperialists with his 'render unto caesar what is caesar's' :rolleyes:

incidentally, the queen is not *my* monarch.

But when invoted to a debate as you your question you're not interested, you, instead, choose to have crying hissy fit. Offer is still open. I dare you.

Er, no - you told me to "grow up" the moment I asked the question. The only hissy fit here is yours, albeit hidden under a veneer of know it all arrogance and bristling self righteous anger...

Questions after questions but never an answer. Not one. I dare you.

I've told you I don't know the answers, which is why I asked in the first case. You haven't actually answered - just sneery nonsensical bullshit about Stalin etc...

Why do you think she's my queen, I'm curious.

No, i invited you to do a series of things - the third one was to partake of a discussion about your question. Then a hissy fit followed as you know that you're not up to it. All there in black and white.

You invited me to do a series of things but you didn't answer the question. You are incapable of answering because you either don't know and won't admit it or you've lost track of why you're here, in the first place.

I've told you I don't know the answers, which is why I asked in the first case. You haven't actually answered - just sneery nonsensical bullshit about Stalin etc...

Why do you think she's my queen, I'm curious.
I've never seen so many posters actually say so little in so many words. I want people to disagree with me, i want people to challenge the bollocks i talk. But there's just nothing here. It's just cloud. Please challenge something i've said, i'll respond and then you respond to my response. I dare you.

if yer six conties you aren't in the rebuplic henceforth technically our sainted monarch is yours. No I don't like it either, russian solution and don't spare the corgis. But technically, even if you reject the authority of the crown, she's ours.

all the more reason to get rid of them all- governments come and go, we remain. Civil service twonks and aristos think like that. which is why they must be destroyed.

I've never seen so many posters actually say so little in so many words. I want people to disagree with me, i want people to challenge the bollocks i talk. But there's just nothing here. It's just cloud. Please challenge something i've said, i'll respond and then you respond to my response. I dare you.

That's more like it. You mentioned fascism in Italy? I read a book on the history of the mafia last year which dealt with the rise of fascism and Mussolini sending his boys out to Sicily to bully and intimidate local communists along with the help of the mafia (who were the official target). It was fascinating but that's all I can remember. I can't remember the actual causes of Italian fascism.

You invited me to do a series of things but you didn't answer the question. You are incapable of answering because you either don't know and won't admit it or you've lost track of why you're here, in the first place.
I asked you to think about what your question was asking. You are unable to or refused to. Why did i do that? Why did i directly answer - and in some detail - your following questions? Why did you refuse to answer a single one or engage in any sort of debate? Why ask a question that you claim to be interested in learning an answer to if you're not prepared to even talk about it?

Why i'm here? Why i'm where?

That's more like it. You mentioned fascism in Italy? I read a book on the history of the mafia last year which dealt with the rise of fascism and Mussolini sending his boys out to Sicily to bully and intimidate local communists along with the help of the mafia (who were the official target). It was fascinating but that's all I can remember. I can't remember the actual causes of Italian fascism.
That's more like it? Are you serious? That was my first fucking post to you you clod. And you still miss the point (i did go onto explain it to you and you weren't getting it).

if yer six conties you aren't in the rebuplic henceforth technically our sainted monarch is yours. No I don't like it either, russian solution and don't spare the corgis. But technically, even if you reject the authority of the crown, she's ours.

But DC, I'm from the Republic. I don't see her as anything else but an irrelevant, archaic figurehead. However, she wields a symbolic power and this (topic) is a very significant gesture, whether you like her or not.

Now, I have to go. I have mice to catch. Seriously!

That's meaningless though, that's just saying 'good things' - what makes it distinct from MLism or trotskyism or bordiguism or articul8ism?
I'm not great on the theory (I freely admit it, despite having to wade through masses of The Hairy One, plus Leon, at college), but I meant trotskyism by that - an adherence to his theories of rolling simultaneous global workers' revolution, an acceptance that 'socilaism in one country' can never work (for my part, simply becuase in a head on collision between a capitalist bloc and a communist one the capitalist one will win every time, due to its' stronger survival mechanisms), the acceptance of a need for a party to be the leaders of this . However I know you'll whup me on the theoreticals every time, so I'll stop there!

Back
Top Bottom