Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Because these mothers are both young, photogenic but maternal - the fact that they are parents does simultaneously limit but also enhance their sexuality (does RB only pose with women?)
I am finding it hard to put my finger on what is so offensive but I think it is not an accident that the New Era was selected above, say, the bedroom tax, asylum detentions or any number of significant issues - although I accept that as a standalone campaign, it has vaildity instead of a more nebulous and less focused action.

Does Caroline Lucas look somewhat uncomfortable and 'invaded'?

WOW! that's a seriously incredible post.

I could be wrong but the new era campaign was started and led by women (the three women in the video?). It was an incredibly strong campaign led by incredibly strong people, and you in a couple of sentences have reduced these women who battled incredibly fucking hard to win their victory to brand appendages in their own campaign.

You've done the very thing people have been accusing brand of doing. Did you listen to what they had to say in the video? Did you hear them talk about their campaign or have you just looked at the image?

WOW! that's a seriously incredible post.

I could be wrong but the new era campaign was started and led by women (the three women in the video?). It was an incredibly strong campaign led by incredibly strong people, and you in a couple of sentences have reduced these women who battled incredibly fucking hard to win their victory to brand appendages in their own campaign.

You've done the very thing people have been accusing brand of doing. Did you listen to what they had to say in the video? Did you hear them talk about their campaign or have you just looked at the image?
you need to widen your vocabulary.

Because these mothers are both young, photogenic but maternal - the fact that they are parents does simultaneously limit but also enhance their sexuality (does RB only pose with women?)
I am finding it hard to put my finger on what is so offensive but I think it is not an accident that the New Era was selected above, say, the bedroom tax, asylum detentions or any number of significant issues - although I accept that as a standalone campaign, it has vaildity instead of a more nebulous and less focused action.

Does Caroline Lucas look somewhat uncomfortable and 'invaded'?

I've said previously on this thread that Brand's apparent inclination towards lizard stuff is damaging in the long run, so I'm not a person who is in awe of his celebrity, but that really is the most bizarre post I have read in a long time. So bizarre I'm not even sure where to begin. I can't fathom how you came to any of those conclusions.

ftr Brand has previously posed with men..

3F067639-DF74-3CDA-E97B9C3FB5664AD8_zps05317160.jpg

Am I too smart for a prole?

Or cry about everything and keep the inferiority complex.
Are you still being pickmans?

Left school with no qualifications still got no qualifications (save for cscs card and pat testing certificate) and I'm getting a telling off from a university librarian about having a limited vocabulary.

Class act

I wonder whether celebrity endorsements of single-issue grass-roots campaign discredit them any more (or less) than endorsement by revolutionary groups or even individual revolutionaries. After all, they are not about revolution but about trying to achieve something immediate within the system and a hostile media can just as easily try to discredit them by saying that they are a front for revolutionaries as that they are a publicity stunt for a celebrity with (or without) a dodgy past. In any event, the revolution is not going to develop out of them, however democratic or autonomous they are. But good luck to them all the same.

That's what you get with no GCSEs. So what do you think of these photogenic 'mums' pickmans? Use as many synonyms as you like
it's to me strange you can use words like appendages which are rare but use incredible / incredibly several times in a short post rather than obvious alternatives like very, unbelievable or remarkably. i don't believe it has anything to do with your qualifications. anyway i've made my point and don't see anything to be gained by continuing this sidetrack. as for my view of the e15 mums i think it interesting brand's so keen on jumping on that bandwagon when there were and are lots of less famous people who've done rather more for them. atm it may seem useful to be associated withis auld sexist but he'll clearly jump the shark soon.

Are you still being pickmans?

Left school with no qualifications still got no qualifications (save for cscs card and pat testing certificate) and I'm getting a telling off from a university librarian about having a limited vocabulary.

Class act
for the record i didn't give you a telling off.

e2a: vocabulary has nothing to do with qualifications, and i'd have said the same thing i said to you to anyone who used the same word four times in a short post. i didn't know whether you had no gcses nor whether you had nine a* gcses, doesn't to me make any difference. you come across as an intelligent person and no amount of pieces of paper can give you that.

Last edited:
Came across this episode of Doug Henwood's programme with Mark Fisher praising Russell Brand just over a year ago.

Back
Top Bottom