Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Brand likes the greens = everyone's worst suspicions confirmed.
The Greens like him too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...e-would-vote-for-the-green-party-9933671.html

I think he's on record as saying the same thing himself (but can't find it) but he adds that he's not a "reformist" who believes in trying to reform things through parliament and laws. Here what he writes in his book:
When you look at the House of Commons, or Congress, the reason you feel bored and disengaged is because you know it is a masquerade. The exceptions, the Tony Benns and Caroline Lucases, are well-intentioned dinghies bobbing along in an ocean of treachery. That is why I do not vote, that is why I will never vote, let's instead participate in a system that is truly representative.
Of course who knows what the future holds. He could end up a Green Party candidate or MP but so could many others who currently favour "direct action" and "people power" only. I don't see him becoming a LibDem though.

The Greens like him too:

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...e-would-vote-for-the-green-party-9933671.html

I think he's on record as saying the same thing himself (but can't find it) but he adds that he's not a "reformist" who believes in trying to reform things through parliament and laws. Here what he writes in his book:
Of course who knows what the future holds. He could end up a Green Party candidate or MP but so could many others who currently favour "direct action" and "people power" only. I don't see him becoming a LibDem though.
i can easily see him becoming irrelevant.

Pros and cons, a 'celeb' like Brand setting himself up as a countercultural figure is always going to provoke a broad range of reactions. The best (and most balanced) summary I've found of his 'campaign' I've found so far has been this, by Steve Wilson.

Pros and cons, a 'celeb' like Brand setting himself up as a countercultural figure is always going to provoke a broad range of reactions. The best (and most balanced) summary I've found of his 'campaign' I've found so far has been this, by Steve Wilson.
That link may be the wrong one!

Haven't PD's crack scientists managed to find a solution to the Bolivian Arse Wasp yet?

sVvrTZy.jpg

As this hitherto unreleased still from PD's crack scientists' lab film shows, their attempts to work with wasps proved unsuccesful as the wasps were unable to manipulate the flint on the lighter, continually dropping it and being unable to light the pipe. Thus, the revolution shall not come about by creating a load of cracked up wasps to attack the elite :( Our efforts with hornets and ants continue, though many doubt that anything will ever rival the success of the crack squirrels which led to the crack scientist unit being setup.

sVvrTZy.jpg

As this hitherto unreleased still from PD's crack scientists' lab film shows, their attempts to work with wasps proved unsuccesful as the wasps were unable to manipulate the flint on the lighter, continually dropping it and being unable to light the pipe. Thus, the revolution shall not come about by creating a load of cracked up wasps to attack the elite :( Our efforts with hornets and ants continue, though many doubt that anything will ever rival the success of the crack squirrels which led to the crack scientist unit being setup.

Is the mighty boosh a bit of PD cultural subversion or summat then?

says the man who fell for cleggmania hook line and 'I agree with nick 'sinker

i don't think you are bright enough to understand , i voted against what new Labour were doing (Iraq/ID cards) not FOR the Fib Dems , they were the least offensive option at the time, if you could believe a word they said, which it turns out you can't , so next time i'm voting green

i don't think you are bright enough to understand , i voted against what new Labour were doing (Iraq/ID cards) not FOR the Fib Dems , they were the least offensive option at the time, if you could believe a word they said, which it turns out you can't , so next time i'm voting green
:D

yeh cos they've been really really good in brighton :rolleyes:

If only capitalism was a little bit nicer to the trees, and burnt ethical fuel.

Here's my prediction for 2020

The main problem with that prediction is that the greens need to get rather a lot more MPs in order to become a meaningful part of some coalition or agreement to support a minority government, which is likely the only way their word will actually be tested properly in parliament. Its kind of hard to imagine, so they won't be exposed on the national level like the Lib Dems have been.

Obviously they can be tested in the local areas where they've got some power, and the results aren't pretty, but thats going to be easy for many voters looking for a feel good choice in a general election to avoid thinking about.

The main problem with that prediction is that the greens need to get rather a lot more MPs in order to become a meaningful part of some coalition or agreement to support a minority government, which is likely the only way their word will actually be tested properly in parliament. Its kind of hard to imagine, so they won't be exposed on the national level like the Lib Dems have been.

Obviously they can be tested in the local areas where they've got some power, and the results aren't pretty, but thats going to be easy for many voters looking for a feel good choice in a general election to avoid thinking about.
it was more of a comical observation than a psephological thought-piece tbh elbows mate. ;)

Back
Top Bottom