Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

its not all circular and tedious. Matters thatnhave come to light such as dodgy connections, PUA, anti semites and so forth, thats stuff people should really be reading before holding up brand as some sort of holy che
yeh. you do know che's not all he's cracked up to be too, don't you? Spanky Longhorn of the opinion he once shagged a dolphin or some such and che did worse things than that too.

Last edited:
Anyway, I caught some of Brand's documentary on the war on drugs and he's strikes me as incredibly confused and incoherent about something he's managed to get a lot of mileage out of. He talks to a copper and says, fairly correctly imo, that people will take drugs and so we should have the resources and infrastructure in place to make sure that's done with minimum damage to themselves / wider society, but when he visits a clinic in Bern doing just this he has a hissy fit because a) it's not doing enough to treat "the disease of addiction" and b) there's no wider "spiritual revolution [/awakening]" (seriously...) accompanying it. So you have a clinic where addicts are able to use safely in a controlled environment, and all of those filmed seemed happy and healthy, and were by all accounts functioning, but for Brand this just resembles a "well run crack house" - well what else did he expect?

TBF he's an addict. We're often a bit contradictory with regard to issues around addiction, because you've often got (even if you're clean) that whole love/hate thing going on with your choice(s) of poison and what they do to you as an individual and to people as a collective.
As for a spiritual revolution connected to addressing addiction, that comes across as a twelve-stepper thing - that whole "higher power" schtick, writ large.

eh?

Let's have a real world example. You've got your community activist conference off the ground, all the grassroots groups have signed up, but people are worried there hasn't been much publicity about the content. Someone in the little oaktrees collective suggests getting brand to do a talk, maybe open the morning session on the second day about successful campaigns against evictions, something like that. After all he's raised a fuck load of money for the conference from all the benefit gigs he's put on over the past year and it would be great publicity.

Would you be happy for that to go ahead or would you argue, sighting the many and varied examples given on this thread, it would be a bad idea?

Ancillary question: if you thought it was a good idea and voted in favour, how would you then justify it to your internet pals?
That's not a real world example at all is it. I think you've just made it up.

Here's the poundland lawyer logic:

Do you agree with a pejorative assertion that you've not made? I'll assume that you do for the purposes of my shonky argument - so would you be happy asserting this thing that you don't believe to people who know from personal experience that it's not true? Eh would you? Would you?

*prods in chest with shears*

Its a bit unreasonable to expect someone to read 91 pages of circular, tedious arguments before they weigh in tbf.
It us unreasonable to think ah, many pages, people i don't get on with - they must be saying something simplistic and crude that i can attack and disagree with. I will therefore attack them for that. For what i think they should say as i don't like them and i wouldn't not get on with them otherwise. I won't bother checking if they have said it.

Its a bit unreasonable to expect someone to read 91 pages of circular, tedious arguments before they weigh in tbf.

I don't expect people to read the whole 2700+ posts. I do expect them to at least skim them, though, and get a reasonable general impression of where the thread has gone and/or is going.
Maybe I'm just a sadist. :)

That's not a real world example at all is it. I think you've just made it up.

Here's the poundland laywer logic:

Do you agree with a pejorative assertion that you've not made? I'll assume that you do for the purposes of my shonky argument - so would you be happy asserting this thing that you don't believe to people who know from personal experience that it's not true? Eh would you? Would you?

*prods in chest with shears*

aye i thought it all up out of my own head. Do this russel brand.

Here's a question for you. You can answer it if you want, you don't have to, it's only the internet.

That's fair enough. Tbh its pretty clear reading the whole thread wouldn't help anyway - theyre more interested in attacking than your actual answer.

its not all circular and tedious. Matters thatnhave come to light such as dodgy connections, PUA, anti semites and so forth, thats stuff people should really be reading before holding up brand as some sort of holy che

TBF, his marketing people have caused that particular perception, and should dance a Lamp-post waltz for it. It's almost as crap a visual meme as the "I like the Pope. The Pope smokes dope" T-shirt. :facepalm:

I did one, for coked up thick drunk pretend journos. Brand didn't do one at all.

But then, you don't read other people do you. I think your russell would spit in your face.

I know that you're very lazy, thick and arrogant and quite posh and pretend that you're not.

Haven't bothered to read the thread or posts therein - just use it as a punchbag for what you think people would say in your hero obsessed mind. Joker.

You're just a pair of glassy eyes aren't you? All that education to waste.

The week i joined here she was dead of the drink in a week - the doctor told her. Here we are. 13 years later.

You want to be careful now.

FEAR

1) FEAR
2) EGO
3) AGGRESSION
4) REPUTABLE SOURCES,

Simple, Congrats on not being a windy hero licker btw

I need answers from you.

Don't quote you when you look like you're caught bullshitting? You better just leave this place.

I am, you're lying.

Is this the middle class managerial coming out - we understand you may have views an opinions but they can only be expressed in ways what we like and recognise.

Teachers girl alright.

You are made of confetti. Weightless. Experienceless. A free floating little ball of 21st century posh entitlement. Reliant on repeating the word authentic over and over rather than taking lessons from authentic people or seeing authenticity.

Couldn't give a toss about RB...
But the above posts are ugly.

I knew I'd get ripped by Butchers and his buddies if i told him what a massive cock he is.

But it was so worth it!!:thumbs::cool::cool:

But still, you understand nothing

Revolution is not “showing” life to people, but bringing them to life. A revolutionary must always remember that their aim is not getting adherents to listen to convincing talks by expert leaders*, but getting them to speak for themselves, in order to achieve, or at least strive toward, an equal degree of participation

*or to read and discuss the writings of celebrity psuedo-activist authors.

TBF, his marketing people have caused that particular perception, and should dance a Lamp-post waltz for it. It's almost as crap a visual meme as the "I like the Pope. The Pope smokes dope" T-shirt. :facepalm:

can't really mock, I had the che t-shirt (longsleeve, olive colour background) and I've got the hammer n sickle tattooed on my right arm. I regret nothing!

can't really mock, I had the che t-shirt (longsleeve, olive colour background) and I've got the hammer n sickle tattooed on my right arm. I regret nothing!

A Che t-shirt is to be expected at a certain age, as is a political tattoo, but a "Russell Brand as Che" t-shirt? You'd deserve to have your bollocks kicked so hard that your sac ruptured for that sort of twattery!!!

eh?

Let's have a real world example. You've got your community activist conference off the ground, all the grassroots groups have signed up, but people are worried there hasn't been much publicity about the content. Someone in the little oaktrees collective suggests getting brand to do a talk, maybe open the morning session on the second day about successful campaigns against evictions, something like that. After all he's raised a fuck load of money for the conference from all the benefit gigs he's put on over the past year and it would be great publicity.

Would you be happy for that to go ahead or would you argue, sighting the many and varied examples given on this thread, it would be a bad idea?

Ancillary question: if you thought it was a good idea and voted in favour, how would you then justify it to your internet pals?

A community activist conference that requires a celeb to publicise it in order for it to be a success is a bad idea doomed to failure.

A successful community activist conference would be rooted in, drawn from and directed by the community and publicity would be meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom