Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

What's with the cardigan shaming?

I think - going by his past mad rants at me anyway - that's it's something about Darth Vader and me/us representing the father he has to rhetorically kill now that he rejects our evil ways. He's mixed it up with Peter rejecting Christ thrice and brand now being The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner though

I think - going by his past mad rants at me anyway - that's it's something about Darth Vader and me/us representing the father he has to rhetorically kill now that he rejects our evil ways. He's mixed it up with Peter rejecting Christ thrice and brand now being The stone which the builders refused is become the head stone of the corner though

How ironic. I'm offering up my tuppence worth on the popularity of Brand and why he might appeal to ordinary folks and yet you and your familiar persist in making it all about me. Brand speaks to a lot of people out there, including those who may not be as well versed in change as others here are. Despite his celeb status (or maybe because of it) he's awakening a zeitgeist, a possible shift of consciousness and conscience that could lead to something good. But please, carry on the ad hominems and accusations, rather than attempt dialogue. It's what you do best.

No. It's how I see people who think change can come about through some poster boy who is entirely unconnected to the interests they think he represents.
"poster boy". How lazy. And all those hundreds of thousands of us, maybe millions. I guess we're sheep, as well.

How ironic. I'm offering up my tuppence worth on the popularity of Brand and why he might appeal to ordinary folks and yet you and your familiar persist in making it all about me. Brand speaks to a lot of people out there, including those who may not be as well versed in change as others here are. Despite his celeb status (or maybe because of it) he's awakening a zeitgeist, a possible shift of consciousness and conscience that could lead to something good. But please, carry on the ad hominems and accusations, rather than attempt dialogue. It's what you do best.
Kill the cardigan inside yourself krtek.

ZyTn50f.jpg

I'm looking for an off-the-shelf revolutionary myself for my stocking this year. Any suggestions? I'd like an action one with plenty of accessories if at all poss.

From the guy who'd probably be hiding behind his bigger mate as he said such a thing.

It doesn't matter what I want; it matters to a lot of people out there who would want change but people like you and your hectoring master put them off voicing their concerns.
you're very good at supporting sexists. have you ever tried supporting someone who wants positive change for everyone, whether they've a cock or not?

So, you still won't discuss the topic? You're correct though; it's not all about me. But you seem hell bent on making it so.

RB is making waves. They may not foam to your precise elitist requirements and you can jeer all you like but here is someone raising awareness & is lucky to have a "celeb" status platform to do so which elicits a lot of response. And you can't see any good in it, whatsoever.

So, you still won't discuss the topic? You're correct though; it's not all about me. But you seem hell bent on making it so.

RB is making waves. They may not foam to your precise elitist requirements and you can jeer all you like but here is someone raising awareness & is lucky to have a "celeb" status platform to do so which elicits a lot of response. And you can't see any good in it, whatsoever.
yes. he's raising awareness. but what is he raising awareness of?

Here's someone that hasn't bothered to read the thread but would rather jump to conclusions from their own rabid prejudices and then spew them all yet another thread. Just stop doing this.

If I get my booky wook for christmas and you get his dvd can we do swapsies for a bit?

I'll have a stab at this. Is the answer Himself?

easy thing to throw at him - The Sun /DM / assorted wrong uns doing so all the time - but am pretty sure E15 Mums / New Era campaign wldnt agree - the One Show last night managed to not mention RB until the end of really decent , primetime piece on New Era ( very unusual piece for them ) - you knew they were there ( to some degree ) cos of him, but he'd obviously ( and v rightly ) declined to go on it = NE tenants get another serious little boost to the campaign . Definitely all a bit more Soc of the Spectacle than What Is to Be Done, but positive nonetheless.

have you tried the all-action lucy parsons? or voltairine de cleyre?
I thought they were dead? Or do you hand out tracts by them when you're not wittering on here?
yes. he's raising awareness. but what is he raising awareness of?
you're the person who decides, then? You only favour those who come with a fully-formed manifesto ratified by you? Asking questions isn't good enough, he must supply THE answer, too?

I thought they were dead? Or do you hand out tracts by them when you're not wittering on here?

you're the person who decides, then? You only favour those who come with a fully-formed manifesto ratified by you? Asking questions isn't good enough, he must supply THE answer, too?
Moctor Herbz? Or Boresome Wells?

and what if they are dead?
if he's a sexist pig then it's unlikely the answer's he comes out with are going to be that useful.

Farage and Brand are two sides of the same populist, right-wing coin.

Actually with his willingness to be an apologist for antisemite like David Icke, what's stopping Brand from becoming the British Dieudonne?

Back
Top Bottom