Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Great, you're doing the very thing you object to -- making Russel the issue. You're letting the media lead you into lambasting him. I haven't seen you write anything about the Revolution, whereas I have.
If i find him the issue then he is issue. You're already trying to to take people's voice away. From ,what 3000 miles away. This is exactly how it works.

I couldn't give two fucks for the Revolution. Nor does my mum.

Great - a media battle. Not a damn thing you have said is about the fights. It's all about russel. It's all about the media fight with brand and how everyone else lines up in that fight. Job done.

i think the message is whatever causes we have been involved in, stay involved in them, ignore russell brand, this stuff will pass soon. it's not about russell brand, it is about whatever causes we are fighting for. the media will find someone else to vilify before too long, someone or something else to distract us with. i think he will ride this out and carry on with whatever it is he is doing. which is exactly what we could be doing.

i think the message is whatever causes we have been involved in, stay involved in them, ignore russell brand, this stuff will pass soon. it's not about russell brand, it is about whatever causes we are fighting for. the media will find someone else to vilify before too long, someone or something else to distract us with. i think he will ride this out and carry on with whatever it is he is doing. which is exactly what we could be doing.
That's not diane9's message mate - her message is that everyone should right now get involved in talking about and defending brand and if you don't then you have nothing to say anyway.

Not a damn thing you have said is about the fights. It's all about russel.

Great, you're doing the very thing you object to -- making Russel the issue. You're letting the media lead you into lambasting him. I haven't seen you write anything about the Revolution, whereas I have.

If i find him the issue then he is issue.

Then why complain that "it's all about russel" when you yourself are making it "all about russel."

You're already trying to to take people's voice away. From ,what 3000 miles away. This is exactly how it works.

From someone who has posted 132,000 messages, there's hardly a danger of shutting you up. Meanwhile, you try to shut people down with insults.

Who is the hypocrite? hmm?

I couldn't give two fucks for the Revolution. Nor does my mum.

haha you're a mass load of contradictions.

Maybe you need to take some time for self-reflection as Brand has done when he asked himself "Oh why am I like this."

Then why complain that "it's all about russel" when you yourself are making it "all about russel."

From someone who has posted 132,000 messages, there's hardly a danger of shutting you up. Meanwhile, you try to shut people down with insults.

Who is the hypocrite? hmm?

[quote[I couldn't give two fucks for the Revolution. Nor does my mum.

haha you're a mass load of contradictions.

Maybe you need to take some time for self-reflection as Brand has done when he asked himself "Oh why am I like this."[/QUOTE]

You're not going to shut me up with your russel stuff -that's true. The others it will wotk on - informally and more formally - yeah. That's what you are doing right now.

Worship.

That's not diane9's message mate - her message is that everyone should right now get involved in talking about and defending brand and if you don't then you have nothing to say anyway.
I was talking about russell brand's message. I have no opinion on diana9, well nothing outside my head anyway. these things always seems to end up playing the man not the ball kind of stuff, i'm sure there is a proper debating term for it but i have no idea what it is, but it is not pretty.

I was talking about russell brand's message. I have no opinion on diana9, well nothing outside my head anyway. these things always seems to end up playing the man not the ball kind of stuff, i'm sure there is a proper debating term for it but i have no idea what it is, but it is not pretty.
i'm talking about diane9 and her idea that everyone should shut up and agree with her/ brand. In life away from here i am doing what you suggest in in post 1232 I think everyone is if they're worth their salt. But prodding the arrogance of people like diane - yes please...let me have this

Great - a media battle. Not a damn thing you have said is about the fights. It's all about russel. It's all about the media fight with brand and how everyone else lines up in that fight. Job done.

Exactly as RB happens to have said, and again - that simply isn't his fault.

However, away from social housing, the media being a complete sack of shit is a pretty major issue.

You're not going to shut me up with your russel stuff -that's true. The others it will wotk on - informally and more formally - yeah. That's what you are doing right now.

Worship.

You're hilarious.

You say you don't want to talk about all the "russel stuff" and you "couldn't give two fucks for the Revolution."

Then why. pray tell. are you spending so much time on a thread titled "Russell Brand on the Revolution" badgering people about talking about the topic?

Makes no sense.

I think two rhetorical fallacies apply here -- ad hominem attacks and strawman arguments.

You're hilarious.

You say you don't want to talk about all the "russel stuff" and you "couldn't give two fucks for the Revolution."

Then why. pray tell. are you spending so much time on a thread titled "Russell Brand on the Revolution" badgering people about talking about the topic?

Makes no sense.
Of course it makes sense. It's fun doing this and it takes no time. It's fun arguing that a well meaning clod is being a well meaning clod. The real bonus is people like you. You've literally made it all worthwhile. What's under the rock.

Last edited:
...Maybe you need to take some time for self-reflection as Brand has done when he asked himself "Oh why am I like this."

upload_2014-12-6_20-35-45.jpeg

What would Jesus Russell do?

If it's true, as you claim, that RB isn't interested in becoming the issue, then why do you feel the need to pass on his pronouncements as if he was the new messiah?

And just so you're clear, this is not a criticism of him, it's a criticism of you for continuing to elevate him even as you say he doesn't want or need to be elevated.

Photo+Family-Victims.PNG

Yeah, i didn't do nuffin''guv.

This blew up when a preening hack tried to catch him out, not very successfully. Yes, RB will know that his notoriety will be useful. Slebs have helped out on causes for yonks. Sometimes it's done well, sometimes not. I don't think he has done too badly at all with this one.

As well as highlighting a lot of other causes and issues, Brand attacks the media quite a lot. Their rancid behaviour towards him this week, especially The Sun, shows that he has a point.

I believe undermining the media is key to progress in a lot of issues. The media stank before the E15 issue developed.

This blew up when a preening hack tried to catch him out, not very successfully. Yes, RB will know that his notoriety will be useful. Slebs have helped out on causes for yonks. Sometimes it's done well, sometimes not. I don't think he has done too badly at all with this one.

As well as highlighting a lot of other causes and issues, Brand attacks the media quite a lot. Their rancid behaviour towards him this week, especially The Sun, shows that he has a point.

I believe undermining the media is key to progress in a lot of issues. The media stank before the E15 issue developed.
It's all about me but i did nuffin'' to make it all about me 'guv.

911 too. The whole thing stinks.

Back
Top Bottom