Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

Brand said: “People keep asking me how The Revolution will work. "We all want to bring down the government and establish a personal and global utopia but how?" they ask.
“Well in this book, I'm going to explain it. Having accrued the greatest wisdom known to man (by conducting interviews, watching DVDs, reading books, thinking and looking at the sky) I am now able to put in a simple, accessible book(y wook) the solution to internal and external turmoil. And about time too.”

Whose in charge of marketing on this one?
"Century will publish the new book in hardback in October 2014 with an Arrow paperback in 2015."

...so step one to the Revolution is publish your best-selling manfiesto with a publisher in the Random House Group, in order to swell the coffers of the Groups owners, German media giants Bertelsmann (Revenue €16.065 billion (2012)), who in turn will use those profits to fund their political campaigning as the Bertelsmann Foundation, who have "promoted neoliberal ideas such as an increase of competition in education and research and for the introduction of tuition fees to the German university system".

I WAS going to say that one thing I really respect about Noam Chomsky is that he sticks with left publishers, when surely the big houses (now firm parts of bigger conglomerates) would jump at publishing his books...but now i look again, of his last few books theres quite a few Penguin/Penguin imprints - Penguin also owned by Bertelsmann....

Last edited:
I WAS going to say that one thing I really respect about Noam Chomsky is that he sticks with left publishers, when surely the big houses (now firm parts of bigger conglomerates) would jump at publishing his books...but now i look again, of his last few books theres quite a few Penguin/Penguin imprints - Penguin also owned by Bertelsmann....

Chomsky's a tax dodger isn't he?

Penguin Random House is joint owned by Pearson. Not that they're any better than Bertelsmann.
Chomsky's a tax dodger isn't he?
Yes think so. And his books are under copyright.

Penguin Random House is joint owned by Pearson. Not that they're any better than Bertelsmann.

Yes think so. And his books are under copyright.

I thought the copyright was held in his kids name so he wasn't liable for tax or something?

Graeber used to dress up in the Ya Basta gear didn't he? Once more into the white boiler suit breeches.

Here he is - undercover - on the left asking for directions to the TAZ

942169_130929083744134_115086656_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom