Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Russell Brand on Revolution

If 'eclectic' means prepared to say anything to sell a book/product, then yes.

I don't think it's even that. He's just a wobbler, lacks interlectual rigor and not as smart as he thinks he is. Nothing unusual there but tad embarrassing to be so easily persuaded back to mainstream politics after giving it all the revolution stuff.

Last edited:
Changed your mind too eh?
Looks that way. I thought he might have something about him. He did knock about at Maydays and the like beforehand. And it's pretty tedious seeing leftys slagging leftys. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt (I also don't get the big fuss, only ever saw him on TV on Big Brother, but still...)

But your unstintingly fine judgment and others on this thread, his poor choice of friends, his use of the plagiarist to work on his book (this is the worst thing for me personally), coupled with this daftness makes me think he's been pretty silly.

From what I also read today he has now endorsed the Greens. From no voting to voting for everyone.

Maybe you should become his Peter Mandelson? Keep him on the straight and narrow. ;)

Looks that way. I thought he might have something about him. He did knock about at Maydays and the like beforehand. And it's pretty tedious seeing leftys slagging leftys. So I gave him the benefit of the doubt (I also don't get the big fuss, only ever saw him on TV on Big Brother, but still...)

But your unstintingly fine judgment and others on this thread, his poor choice of friends, his use of the plagiarist to work on his book (this is the worst thing for me personally), coupled with this daftness makes me think he's been pretty silly.

From what I also read today he has now endorsed the Greens. From no voting to voting for everyone.

Maybe you should become his Peter Mandelson? Keep him on the straight and narrow. ;)
He's a political genius. He can't get people to stop voting so he'll trick hem into spoil their ballots by voting for two candidates. I take it all back.

Went in the local bookshop earlier. Still seems to be the same single copy on the shelf. The latest Chomsky has four copies and the latest Klein four as well but that is the second probably third lot of four by my reckoning. Something comforting about that.

wow, anyone who shouts that millionaires (or Russell Brand) shouldn't be on the platform at a demo has a mental health problem, the london riots were bad and he wants us to love the police:

wow, anyone who shouts that millionaires (or Russell Brand) shouldn't be on the platform at a demo has a mental health problem, the london riots were bad and he wants us to love the police:

Well he's Labour now, Isn't he?

I managed to get to 0:45 before feeling sick. I only had a vague dislike for RB before (I don't watch much TV) but that clip has ignited a burning hatred for the cunt.
Wow, the way your old posts on the Internet can come back to haunt you :oops:

I apologise unreservedly and hope I can be forgiven for only disliking Brand vaguely a long time ago when I should have always deeply despised him. I was young and foolish.

Eta sorry for the bump never realised I'd switched thread.

I like how you often accuse me of “bumping” dated but innocuous threads about pies or whatever, and yet here you are trawling this big monster from the deep with its ill-advised comments from yesteryear. :rolleyes:

I like how you often accuse me of “bumping” dated but innocuous threads about pies or whatever, and yet here you are trawling this big monster from the deep with its ill-advised comments from yesteryear. :rolleyes:
As soon as I saw you'd quoted... fair cop!

I clicked on the arrow thing on a Santino quote and never realised it switched threads.

Back
Top Bottom