Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Pubs open

love the pub grew up in them really

was working glass collecting from 13

but still not rushing back

are gigs back open yet thats what i'm missing :(

As I'd not been to any pub for a week, I celebrated my last day of 'outdoors-only' pub drinking yesterday :) :thumbs: :beer:

There was even a canopy to shelter under when it downpoured! :D

The pub was lovely and the beer was great, but blimey! it was cold!! :eek:

No warm weather in the forecast this week, so I'm looking forward to my first inside post-work pint on Thursday evening :cool:
No pubs before that .....

It's been some sorry weather so the last re-opening was a bit shit. Tomorrow is the big day really. Anyone braving it? I have a booking for Tuesday :thumbs: :eek: :)
The weather has put a real dampener on things for sure. Maybe its the Indian variant or because its a Monday morning, probably a combination of all 3 but I feel pretty meh about the re-opening today. Seems strange after waiting so long.

Just had a wonder through my local town centre. The pubs that were open looked dead. The one person I could see through the spoons windows had a coffee in hand. The cafes and sandwich bars were quite busy though, maybe 50% capacity in most.

I popped into my local last night and I didn't like it so left after two pints.

I guess lockdown has changed me more than I realised and I'm just not that "pub" person any more.

Probably won't make it to the pub for a few days, I have been having very chilly outdoor drinks at the grotty local but The Black Lion is open again now and I really want to go over there for a pint even though it is more expensive. They have a lovely big beer garden (which is a bit of a novelty around here - and I think the reason they didn't open until yesterday is because they were doing a bit of a refurb, at least it looked like that when I went past on the bus last week) so ideally I'd still want to go on a sunny day and sit outside.

Always find is staggering that rather than support what the workers want that outraged/ concerned people promote a course of action which is simpler for them .

What about those who work in the sector that refuse to set foot in a Wetherspoons due to the effect their shoddy practices have in exerting downward pressure on wages and conditions in the sector as a whole? Or do they not count?

Last edited:
hopefully it will be a quiet office. Try supporting independent pubs rather than that cunt. :thumbs:

If they can do a burger and a pint for 6.50 then im there. unfortunately my independent local is charGing 5 quid a pint.

So, sorry - basic economics. I cant afford that. I'll ask the staff tomorrow if they're unhappy with their lot, they certainly seemed pretty chipper yesterdy.

I'd rather go out less frequently (which is indeed what I do - on hospitality sector wages we can't really afford to go out much - but would rather drink in places that don't tell their staff to get a job in Tesco instead of putting them on furlough, and where they pay a bit more).

Probably won't make it to the pub for a few days, I have been having very chilly outdoor drinks at the grotty local but The Black Lion is open again now and I really want to go over there for a pint even though it is more expensive. They have a lovely big beer garden (which is a bit of a novelty around here - and I think the reason they didn't open until yesterday is because they were doing a bit of a refurb, at least it looked like that when I went past on the bus last week) so ideally I'd still want to go on a sunny day and sit outside.
Would you recommend The Black Lion? We don’t drink around the hood at all but it’s within (20 mins) walking distance.

Would you recommend The Black Lion? We don’t drink around the hood at all but it’s within (20 mins) walking distance.

I like it - it's a lot less rough than the pubs in our immediate area, much nicer atmosphere, but is still a proper boozer iykwim. Big garden, guest ales, decent pub grub Monday-Friday (lunchtime-early evening - egg & chips, ploughmans, fish & chips, pie & chips etc.)

Back
Top Bottom