Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

President Biden; impact on UK, Ireland, Brexit, trade etc..

Yes, I know. I've even been there. It's not just a small village in Mayo though, is it? (For anyone unfamiliar, it's the Irish version of Lourdes.)

It's a shrine...1879 vision.
The original little church where the apparition happened is gone and there is a large modern cathedral there now.
This bit ofhis journey is private as far as I can gather from tv reports.

hmm have a feeling that plane is air force 2

air force one would not be trackable by civilian website s like flight radar and it's a 747 variant

hmm have a feeling that plane is air force 2

air force one would not be trackable by civilian website s like flight radar and it's a 747 variant
The two planes were trackable.
I was watching them take off on telly and on flight tracker too.

He flew to Knock in the smaller plane.

Reactions: Ax^
There's a US Navy Battleship off the coast of Cork too...they said they were sheltering from the storm...
But...🤔🤔
Interesting fact I learnt recently about the names given to Irish Naval Service vessels..

The Fleet​

The NS Fleet keeps the tradition of naming its vessels after famous women from Irish and Celtic mythology and famous Irish writers, celebrating Ireland in the international forum.

• L.É. RÓISÍN P 51
  • L.É. NIAMH P 52
  • L.É SAMUEL BECKETT P61
  • L.É JAMES JOYCE P62
  • LÉ WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS P63
  • LÉ GEORGE BERNARD SHAW P64
The L.É. before the ships names means Long Éireannach or Irish Ship

Interesting fact I learnt recently about the names given to Irish Naval Service vessels..

The Fleet​

The NS Fleet keeps the tradition of naming its vessels after famous women from Irish and Celtic mythology and famous Irish writers, celebrating Ireland in the international forum.

• L.É. RÓISÍN P 51
  • L.É. NIAMH P 52
  • L.É SAMUEL BECKETT P61
  • L.É JAMES JOYCE P62
  • LÉ WILLIAM BUTLER YEATS P63
  • LÉ GEORGE BERNARD SHAW P64
The L.É. before the ships names means Long Éireannach or Irish Ship

boo they decommissioned the ship by uncle sail on last year :( the LÉ Eithne

Last edited:
Ballina is getting ready for Biden
Live music concert going ahead with this playing full blast.. bands tonight are The Coronas and
The Academic and THE CHIEFTAINS.

And

Two Mayo Teams are up next . The Senior mens and Senior womens footballers. Both giving short speeches.
Correction.. the womens captain only gave a speech.

Reactions: Ax^
Sun is shining out. Ballina is looking fantastic. Flags everywhere...Mayo's Red and Green, the Tricolour and the Stars and Stripes.
The stage is set up outside St Muirdeachs Cathedral and across the river is where the vast majority are watching. Mary Robinsons family home has been turned into a museum on the river and the Peace light is lit in the window.

Sun is shining and setting...
Lots of kids and families all enjoying the music and

.....here come The Coronas

Back
Top Bottom