Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

President Biden; impact on UK, Ireland, Brexit, trade etc..

Biden in Ballina
The Chieftains final performance
And
Speeches

For anyone who couldn't watch it on RTE player

Just before Biden left Ireland he announced that he will be running for president again. No surprise there.

Screenshot_20230415_083544_Twitter.jpg

hmm have a feeling that plane is air force 2

air force one would not be trackable by civilian website s like flight radar and it's a 747 variant

Air Force One is whichever aircraft the president is flying on, it’s a call sign. The call sign for the green chopper once he’s aboard is Marine One.

this is true but there are 2 plane which are air force one as per the white house website

Air Force One | The White House

• Technically, “Air Force One” is used to designate any Air Force aircraft carrying the President, but it is now standard practice to use the term to refer to specific planes that are equipped to transport the Commander-in-Chief.
  • Today, this name refers to one of two highly customized Boeing 747-200B series aircraft, which carry the tail codes 28000 and 29000. The Air Force designation for the aircraft is VC-25A.

I wasn't tuned into the UK media (newspapers) response to Biden in Ireland... but saw this today.
Amazed at The Times of London and the anti Irish sentiment. They mustn't have realised that the guy was visiting Ireland because he was invited pre covid by the Taoiseach and he got some time with family.

I wasn't tuned into the UK media (newspapers) response to Biden in Ireland... but saw this today.
Amazed at The Times of London and the anti Irish sentiment. They mustn't have realised that the guy was visiting Ireland because he was invited pre covid by the Taoiseach and he got some time with family.

It's not amazing, given the history of the times's attitude to Ireland and the irish

still think he killed that entrance on the last speech in mayo

Yes. Mind you I thought the laser lights were blinding him a bit. Ballina looked really amazing.

He actually trotted over to the podium. Unbelievable considering the previous few days were gruelling and his age.

Yes. Mind you I thought the laser lights were blinding him a bit. Ballina looked really amazing.

He actually trotted over to the podium. Unbelievable considering the previous few days were gruelling and his age.

ah you know i've messed with the entrance song btw :)

Way to many Americans are weirdly obsessed with genealogy

“I’m 1/5th Uzbek and 2/3rds Dutch twice removed and part Cherokee on my grandmas side”
Remember one of the women I went to Key West with being referred to by her mate as being a bit wild as she was 1/16th Cherokee :rolleyes: Struck me as both racist and irrelevant as everyone is wild in Key West

Remember one of the women I went to Key West with being referred to by her mate as being a bit wild as she was 1/16th Cherokee :rolleyes: Struck me as both racist and irrelevant as everyone is wild in Key West

There's a long history of Americans claiming to be part Cherokee

The Cherokees resisted state and federal efforts to remove them from their Southeastern homelands during the 1820s and 1830s. During that time, most whites saw them as an inconvenient nuisance, an obstacle to colonial expansion. But after their removal, the tribe came to be viewed more romantically, especially in the antebellum South, where their determination to maintain their rights of self-government against the federal government took on new meaning. Throughout the South in the 1840s and 1850s, large numbers of whites began claiming they were descended from a Cherokee great-grandmother. That great-grandmother was often a “princess,” a not-inconsequential detail in a region obsessed with social status and suspicious of outsiders. By claiming a royal Cherokee ancestor, white Southerners were legitimating the antiquity of their native-born status as sons or daughters of the South, as well as establishing their determination to defend their rights against an aggressive federal government, as they imagined the Cherokees had done. These may have been self-serving historical delusions, but they have proven to be enduring.

Back
Top Bottom